What do you think of these sibset names?

(37 Posts)
Sasparillo Mon 14-Jan-13 09:04:26

Daisy & Charlie (boy)

Thanks x

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 14-Jan-13 19:38:03

Now? Working class
5/10/15+ years ago middle class/ upper middle class.

Love Daisy and think it is v much a name in its own right now. Charlie okay as a nn.

GuffSmuggler Mon 14-Jan-13 19:40:16

If it's not for twins why are you deciding two names, are you future planning or something? <nosy>

FelicityWasSanta Mon 14-Jan-13 19:41:08

Daisy and Charlie are both classless names IMO. I have known Daisy's from the aristocracy to inner London council estates. (I have had an incredibly varied career caring for teenagers from literally ALL walks of life!). I have come across less Charlie's- they are usually Charlotte (if WC- they would be 'Lottie' if MC+ IME) but Charlie as a name in its own right is more popular with boys.

And OP I have never heard so many people advocating the name Margaret before in my life, never mind on one thread... Ignore.

usualsuspect Mon 14-Jan-13 19:42:43

OMG, stop with the bloody class bollocks.

usualsuspect Mon 14-Jan-13 19:43:35

And why would you put a completely different name on a BC.

Coconutty Mon 14-Jan-13 19:46:12

Don't like Charles, prefer Charlie but not too keen on that tbh.

I don't mind Daisy and would call her that not Margaret, two totally different names imo.

usualsuspect Mon 14-Jan-13 19:49:44

'Oh and agree about Mackenzie, Kaiden, Jayden, Brayden - they make me throw up in my mouth a little'

Are you for real?

Yika Mon 14-Jan-13 19:52:01

Normally, and separately, I'd find these names a bit cutesie, but they make a nice combination, and have such a different feel from Margaret and Charles I can hardly see any connection. I would never consider daisy as a nn for Margaret, even though I know it was once gazillions of years ago. Deffo a name in its own right.

tammytoby Mon 14-Jan-13 22:49:26

"What social background would you say children with these names come from? I find it interesting to find out people's pre judgments based purely on their name x "

Class has absolutely NOTHING to do with me liking a name or not! Honestly - I don't really get the British class thing anyway.

The reason I don't like the names Charlie and Daisy is that they sound so cutesy, twee, faddy and overused. But that is just my personal opinion and you may not like my kids' names either smile. Thankfully we all have different tastes and if you love the names, then of course you should use them.

Sasparillo Mon 14-Jan-13 23:19:48

I really wish you could like posts on here! Thank you for all of your input everyone x x

emmyloo2 Tue 15-Jan-13 02:44:48

I don't like Charlie as a full name, but love it as a nickname for Charles. Don't like Daisy as it's a bit too cutesy for me and I am over the cutesy names.

I am another who adores Margaret though but I love the old-fashioned names.

However, everyone has different tastes so if you like them, they are perfectly nice and you should use them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now