Looking for more girls names!

(34 Posts)
wonderthis Fri 11-Jan-13 22:49:43

We are struggling to find a girls name that we really love. We have a list of likes but are still looking for the one. We don't want anything too popular or trendy, and I think some of these are...

Our likes are:
Ella
Grace
Elodie
Evelyn
Rose
Sadie

What do you think of these, and what are other suggestions?

Thanks!

wonderthis Sat 12-Jan-13 19:57:33

Hmm, not sure about Pelin!

Queazy the only one I like on your list is Eve but that's common too now isn't it? Mind you, I'm starting to care less about picking something popular...

baskingseals Stella used to be on my shortlist but I've gone off it, don't know why. Pearl was my granny's sister so it seems old ladyish to me but not in a good way.

Lois is really nice but we know a Lois and my mum pronounces it really weirdly - like "Loyse" and it sounds awful!

Amy Rose and Ella Rose are lovely.

Anna feels a bit boring. I'm surprised that Jennifer keeps coming up, there are SO many women my age with that name that I wouldn't expect it to be popular now. But I guess Jessica is popular again and they sort of go together.

pinkandyellowbutterfly Sat 12-Jan-13 20:08:10

Hiya, I like your name list!

The name Evelyn is obviously lovely and I can see why its so well used at the moment, I just thought I should point out a conversation I heard in the playground not so long ago (I'm a teacher) Where a girl was being called "Evil Lyn" I'm sure its just a one off as kids can come with anything if they want to horrid, regardless of the name!

twinklestar2 Sat 12-Jan-13 20:30:55

Love Nisha and Sadie!

JimbosJetSet Sat 12-Jan-13 20:35:13

How about

Nina
Ivy
Ruth
Annie
Connie
Corina

amck5700 Sat 12-Jan-13 20:36:52

Mabel
Kerenza
Piper
Jasmine
Tierney
Tamar

EuroShopperEnergyDrink Sat 12-Jan-13 20:57:48

All of your names are popular AND trendy sadly!

I love Nisha- I think it's beautiful and unique but easy to pronounce and spell.

What about...

Irina
Rosamund
Mona
Avery
Autumn
Katienne
Rowan
Dina
Kendra
Zara

EuroShopperEnergyDrink Sat 12-Jan-13 20:59:02

Ottilie too! I love Ottilie nn Ottie or Tilly. So cute. The world needs more Ottilies.

amck5700 Sat 12-Jan-13 21:09:53

Celeste

BlueBowTie Sun 13-Jan-13 23:22:56

I really like Ophilia, Minna, Maud, Liberty, Erin and Frances. Elodie is lovely too though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now