Maeve as a middle name

(12 Posts)
Glitterspy Thu 10-Jan-13 10:09:29

Thanks all! I love it too. Unfortunately DH now saying "not Maeve as well, that's two granny names together!" Aargh! Choosing names is so hard!

3smellysocks Tue 08-Jan-13 23:51:03

nice

williaminajetfighter Tue 08-Jan-13 22:20:35

Every marvel I know is clever and lovely. Good choice.

Ham69 Tue 08-Jan-13 20:00:36

Definitely Maeve. A refreshing change from Mae/ May as a middle name. Love Audrey too.

Lovely.

Audrey Maeve is pretty much perfect imho.

Glitterspy Tue 08-Jan-13 13:11:31

Thanks all. I like the idea of different without being too "out there" as well!

wigglesrock Tue 08-Jan-13 12:26:35

Glitterspy I'm the same, it wouldn't bother me. I also like Mae, but just like, I really like Meabh/Maeve. Thats just the way I'm used to spelling it.

All my dds middle names are family names, we have a Mary, Sadie, Maggie etc (granny and great granny names grin)

pantaloons Tue 08-Jan-13 12:23:31

I like Maeve a lot. My eldests middle name is May, along with a large percentage of her class!

I love Audrey Maeve, it's different without being hugely "out there".

monica77798 Tue 08-Jan-13 12:20:36

I like Maeve, but I am not sure about Audrey. Sounds very old fashioned to me and just reminds me of that woman from Coronation Street.

Glitterspy Tue 08-Jan-13 11:43:31

Thanks Wigglesrock, so you'd go full on Celtic (?) spelling and everything? What about simple 'Mae'?

With Audrey, I agree these 'granny' names are massive right now, but it was my great aunt's name and she was very special in my life so it's a keeper, popular or nay...

Any other ideas to pair with Audrey?

wigglesrock Tue 08-Jan-13 11:11:37

They're lovely together, but I would spell Meave Meabh but thats just me grin Audrey is very now - I don't know if that would bother you.

Glitterspy Tue 08-Jan-13 10:55:14

Thinking of pairing it with first name 'Audrey'. Our surname is a typical Irish 'Mc' and DP and I like the idea of bringing some Irish roots to the baby's name! Saying that, he likes 'Mae' more than 'Maeve'.

Any thoughts on either and on both together?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now