Jemima

(34 Posts)
TillyTommyTootToot Sun 06-Jan-13 15:06:50

I like it because its biblical as my ds name is also biblical. It also has a quirky British feel to it, which I love (though I'm not from Britain)! BUT I really dislike the name Gemma...which slightly puts me off and really is my only reservation about the name, as I'm afraid it will get shortened to this. If any of you have or know a Jemima, does this happen? Also what kind of reactions do you get to to the name? Oh and I don't mind the puddle duck associations smile

Happymum22 Mon 07-Jan-13 01:01:47

The Jemimas I know are Jem, Jam, Mimi, Mima
Never Gemma!

mumsywoo78 Mon 07-Jan-13 01:39:37

through the round window! i always think of the doll jemima from play school in the 80's or maybe thats just me showing my age! & i used 2 have a pet rabbit called jemima, cute name.just jem 4 short though

Mu1berryBush Mon 07-Jan-13 01:41:08

I like it but Gemma is very pretty too and simpler. If you dislike Gemma then how can you like Jemima?

DitzyDonkeySillyMonkey Wed 09-Jan-13 13:54:41

Love Jemima

DitzyDonkeySillyMonkey Fri 11-Jan-13 15:37:21

Mulberrybush I also love Jemima but loathe Gemma

Jakeyblueblue Fri 11-Jan-13 17:16:28

Love it.
On my list for a future girl, dh not keen though, says it reminds him of a duck hmm

Bowlersarm Fri 11-Jan-13 21:06:22

Our friends daughter Jemima who is 11, recently wants to be known as Jam

TillyTommyTootToot Sat 12-Jan-13 11:03:37

Thanks for the comments lots to think about. I think it is rising to the top of the list!

cocoachannel Sun 13-Jan-13 13:38:25

I love the name Jemima but DH vetoed it for DD. I think I even have started a thread about it when pg under by old username. Lots of people said Puddle duck IIRC, but I think it's beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now