Can't find a name i like! - 1st time mummy!

(47 Posts)
TruckerRobyn Sat 05-Jan-13 20:23:36

Hello! First time mum age 23 - new to this so don't understand the abbreviations i've seen on other posts!

Never thought it would be so hard to find a name i like!

I want something quirky but girly and not too common... Also looking for a modern name!

Names i like the sound of but not sure at they are for me are...

Coraline
Liberty
Leonie

Middle name would either be Mae (due in May) or Lily (my favourite flower)

I know its my choice but none of my family like those names - so its now a secret until i find the perfect name for my princess!

Any name suggestions/opinions would be appreciated!
Robyn x

LittleDonkin Sat 05-Jan-13 20:48:54

I am expecting my 2nd baby and with my first I trawled through baby name books and me and my hubby wrote lists of the names we liked and believe it or not we had written completely different names and the only name we both wrote is what we named our daughter!

StellaNova Sat 05-Jan-13 20:52:54

I like Coraline the best. Other ideas for quirky yet girly - Audrey, Linnet, Pearl?

StellaNova Sat 05-Jan-13 20:54:09

Sorry, I missed modern - ignore me!

drinkyourmilk Sat 05-Jan-13 20:57:50

Quinn
Taylor
Alicia
Fern
Madeline (maddy)

drinkyourmilk Sat 05-Jan-13 21:00:45

Piper
Maisie
Pixie

NaturalBaby Sat 05-Jan-13 21:04:45

Coralie

ArthurandGeorge Sat 05-Jan-13 21:08:04

Elodie
Orla
Serena
Cadence

DorisIsWaiting Sat 05-Jan-13 21:08:24

Lexi
Juno
Freya
Lana
Alys
Alana

both Mae and Lily are V popular as middle names

I love Coraline

mellowcat Sat 05-Jan-13 21:10:36

The names you have are very pretty.

HappyAsASandboy Sat 05-Jan-13 21:11:12

Coraline is beautiful smile

I would go for Coraline May (I prefer May to Mae, particularly if it is because of the month).

MoelFammau Sat 05-Jan-13 21:18:20

I love Piper Lily.

chewingguminmyhair Sat 05-Jan-13 21:21:00

Coraline May or Liberty May.

I too prefer May to Mae.

JustBabyNMe Sat 05-Jan-13 21:21:23

All your suggestions are so helpful & inspiring! I come from a large family so wanted a middle name that doesn't associate with family - that way no arguments or quarrels from the family!!

I do like Coraline i also like Coralie! That's lovely!!

I've scoured the net & books and even though there are so many beautiful names none are appealing to me!

I'm being put off Coraline as none of the family like it & its the only name i've mentioned!

I love Quinn but with the surname Hill i have to be careful... Other names i liked were Holly & Amber but they sound stupid with Hill!!

TameGaloot Sat 05-Jan-13 21:22:59

Coraline may would be nice

Dulcie
Eugenie
Naomi
Emmaline
Hannah
Audrey

TameGaloot Sat 05-Jan-13 21:24:00

Emmeline tsk

chewingguminmyhair Sat 05-Jan-13 21:24:37

OP - this is why you don't tell people which names you want! If you don't tell them, they can't say they don't like it. Stick to discussing it with your partners grin

Lucy411 Sat 05-Jan-13 21:26:38

Finlay smile

JollyToddles Sat 05-Jan-13 21:26:58

I agree with Chewinggum. We didn't tell anyone our suggestions until DS was born then it was "here is our child. His name is X". It is difficult for them to disagree when they've been presented with a cuddly newborn.

chewingguminmyhair Sat 05-Jan-13 21:34:35

Whoops, *partner not partners! Unless of course you have more than one smile

Mumsnet are honest re names but I think it's easier if strangers tell you they don't like one.

JustBabyNMe Sat 05-Jan-13 21:34:39

Didn't think of that before as a single parent wanted to share ideas with mum - clearly not a good idea!

Ahh! Never knew names would be so hard!!

chewingguminmyhair Sat 05-Jan-13 21:35:24

Stick with Mumsnet then OP wink

JustBabyNMe Sat 05-Jan-13 21:46:14

It's not modern but how about Jessica (Jessica Lily) i don't thats overly common anymore or India need a middle name thoughts on these? smile

amck5700 Sat 05-Jan-13 21:54:33

Indigo
Cassia
Thalia
Stella
Keira
Sienna
Logan
Jaime
Laurel
Asia
Sahara

You are already called my daughter's name grin but her middle name is Katie. Do you like that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now