Kit or Freddie?

(34 Posts)
schplappo Sat 05-Jan-13 11:08:41

My shortlist for DS, (hopefully agreed to by DH) is now down to two names. What do people prefer out of Kit or Freddie?

He would have a full name on birth certificate but we'd always be calling him by the diminutive.

Trouble I'm having is that I'm finding it hard to imagine a baby Kit - only one aged about 7 and over - whereas I find it hard to imagine an adult Freddie.

Thank you!

MarmaladeSkies Sun 06-Jan-13 23:55:21

Kit.Kit is great.Freddie isn't.I hate Fred/Freddie/Frederick.

LizzieVereker Mon 07-Jan-13 00:03:41

I like both, but I teach 27 Freddies a week and have never taught a Kit. So it depends if you want something to blend in or to stand out.

Happymum22 Mon 07-Jan-13 01:00:06

freddie definately IMO!

schplappo Mon 07-Jan-13 17:03:28

Oh thank you - hadn't realised Freddie was quite so popular...

gertrudestein Mon 07-Jan-13 20:25:05

My friend is known by the nn of his middle name and it's great - everyone at school, work etc. calls him his nn, but he always knows if he's getting spam email or a cold call because they call him by his first name!

baskingseals Tue 08-Jan-13 22:21:39

oh schplappo sorry to be so boring!

i do prefer Christian to Christopher though.

Clary Tue 08-Jan-13 23:31:13

I don't teach any Freddies at all and I teach 280+ children a week (secondary).

1200 students in the school and I don't believe any of them are Fred. No Kits either tho but we do have Davids, Richards and lots of Harrys!!

I think it must depend on the demographic.

Clary Tue 08-Jan-13 23:33:24

Actually Lizzie 27 anything a week is pretty impressive (tots up Joes and Jordans) nope, can't beat that!

3smellysocks Tue 08-Jan-13 23:43:12

Adore Kit but could never get it past OH. I see Kit as good for all ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now