What do you think of this boys name?!

(14 Posts)
hugahuddy Sun 30-Dec-12 20:25:59

Please can I ask for advice from those more experienced than me?! We have been going round in circles trying to find names for our little boy and just had some inspiration, what do you make of Solomon Jack?!

Is he likely to be picked on or is if too odd?! We have our beliefs so am happy with a biblical name but we don't shout about if so don't want to seem too Christian if that makes sense. I love Sol as a cool nickname and Jack has family significance so wanted it in there but I was worried that it's too common and might get mixed up with other jacks!!

Thoughts welcomed...!

Like it a lot.

And stop over-thinking it! smile

FrostyTheSnowSlut Sun 30-Dec-12 21:56:41

I've never been a big fan of Solomon, I do think of it as a bit of a ridiculous name nowadays and rather pretentious. I know my DC would think of it as a bit silly. Sol is nice but the name as a whole isn't great, I wouldn't saddle a DC with it.

I'd probably swap them round and use Sol as a nickname.

Bearwantsmore Sun 30-Dec-12 21:58:41

I love Solomon, go for it!

I like it a lot.

I like it smile There is a boy in my son's nursery class called Solomon, I thought 'Ooh what a cool name!' when I first heard it.

RudolphsNoseInMyXmasStocking Sun 30-Dec-12 22:05:54

Love it smile

TeamSledward Sun 30-Dec-12 22:07:04

I really like it.

amck5700 Sun 30-Dec-12 22:10:31

I'm not generally a fan of those sorts of names, but I quite like that and the names do go well together.

NaturalBaby Sun 30-Dec-12 22:12:50

Lovely.

DessieLou Mon 31-Dec-12 00:14:18

I love it and love Sol as nn. I agree, stop over thinking it!:-)

FirstPersonPlural Mon 31-Dec-12 00:20:45

It works.

And you needn't worry about Jack being too popular because it will be a middle name and as such probably never used or even known by anyone other than family!

3smellysocks Tue 01-Jan-13 23:40:47

love it

echidnakid Wed 02-Jan-13 07:30:13

I love the name Solomon - it's on our list too :-)

Not sure why it would be considered pretentious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now