Is Megan dated or a classic?

(57 Posts)
signuptoday Sun 30-Dec-12 11:52:18

Hi, I've been looking at some old threads about names DH and I like for DD and someone mentioned that Megan is a 90s name?

Do you agree? Was it in fashion a few years ago and now sounds dated. I really like it and had thought it was timeless but now am not so sure. Also do you know many Megans?

countrykitten Mon 31-Dec-12 08:53:50

Megan is a beautiful name and a classic. It sounds very classy in the same way as names like Alice (my all time favourite) or Emily.

countrykitten Wed 02-Jan-13 15:19:52

Also Meggie is lovely too.

barmysarmy Wed 02-Jan-13 21:35:56

I have a Megan and Im currently pregnant if its a girl it will be a Teagan x

sausagesandwich34 Wed 02-Jan-13 21:38:38

DD is 11 and there are 7 in her 2 form entry year at school but I don't know any younger

hurricanemum Wed 02-Jan-13 21:43:27

lovely. am a teacher and Megans are always nice!!!!

zenoushka Tue 08-Jan-13 22:20:13

I really like the name Megan - classic in my opinion!

mysterymeg Tue 08-Jan-13 22:38:42

I'm Megan and I'm lovely grin am 24 if that makes a difference. I also know a 2 week old Megan and a 43 year old Meganas well as a couple my age.

I like my name, I don't think I sound American, dated or harsh but that's just me.

Megan is also the most popular spelling so you should be ok. I did have a boss as a teen who kept spelling it Meggan(!) Don't think that's a legitimate spelling at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now