Sibling for Heath

(23 Posts)
siblingforHeath Sat 29-Dec-12 17:07:01

i need help - the one and only boys name dh and I could decide on is Heath, we have one and still love his name.

So what on earth are we going to call a second son? Or daughter? We like Finn, but worry about how popular it is. We like Thea for a girl, but is that too many 'th'?

We chose Heath because it's rare without being made up, very simple to say and spell, and is a strong name. Those are the main criteria for us...any suggestions along those lines please? We don't know the sex yet, so any girls names that go with Heath would also be gratefully received.

TIA

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 29-Dec-12 21:18:54

I think Heath and Thea is a bit of a tongue twister!

Are there any other names you like a bit? Just for something to go on?

Heath and Finn sounds great btw.

TalkativeJim Sat 29-Dec-12 23:37:58

Magnus

Struan

Lotta

Linnet

Bella

siblingforHeath Sun 30-Dec-12 08:27:17

yeah, thought there were too many th!
I do love Finn - is it daft to go off a name just because it's popular?

DH mentioned Cole yesterday...which we both like but it's not quite right. Think it feels a bit too American for us. But honestly, I cannot think of any other boys names that we like - which is the problem!

Magnus and Struan are a bit too Scottish (we're not Scottish) - god I'm too fussy!

As for girls, I love names like Eva and Olivia - but know way too many of them to use those names.

thanks for trying to help so far - if anyone else has any patience with me, please weigh in!

sassytheFIRST Sun 30-Dec-12 08:31:03

Cliff for a boy. Cathy for a girl. wink

sassytheFIRST Sun 30-Dec-12 08:33:01

And more seriously, I think Lily, Isla for a girl go well.

How about Marcus or Lucas?

MyNameIsSuz Sun 30-Dec-12 08:48:36

If you like thea and olivia, what about octavia? Has a similar feel and shortens nicely to Tavi. That would be my choice to go with my boy Franklin (which can shorten to fin if you so desire...)

siblingforHeath Sun 30-Dec-12 08:52:48

ha Sassy - I was going to ban anyone from mentioning Cliff or Cathy grin

dh mentioned Isla yesterday, it's a lovely name so I think that'll go on the list.
Marcus is too close to dh name. We love Luca, rather than Lucas...but is it weird to have that name when we're of English background?

I love Octavia but dh has vetoed it, boo.

why is it so hard?!

ODearMe Sun 30-Dec-12 08:53:50

How about Keith grin

LadyMargolotta Sun 30-Dec-12 08:59:34

What about the names of Julia Robert's twins - Hazel and Phineas.

Robin would go nicely with Heath. For a boy or girl.

MyNameIsSuz Sun 30-Dec-12 09:01:44

Not weird to have luca, but it is getting more popular i think, I've met a couple recently. Hmm... What about Ezra? That was crossed off my list but i love it. Also had tobias and macsen.

I love violet for a girl, or lyra or elodie. Isla is lovely.

siblingforHeath Sun 30-Dec-12 09:26:43

odearme - he had a birthday announcement at the rugby and they called him Keith!

It would be a lot easier if I was picking names on my own - I really like Robin but dh immediately says no, bloody man.

Lyra is lovely too.

Aurelia
Veda
Ramona
Lydia
Saskia

George
Tate
Linus

forevergreek Sun 30-Dec-12 10:06:11

Linus
Otto
Teo

Wren
Willow

LadyMargolotta Sun 30-Dec-12 13:28:52

Ray.

comeonbishbosh Sun 30-Dec-12 14:28:48

Jethro, Ross, Tobias?

Erica (nice 'Heath' connection for those in the know!), Petra, Vita, Erin, Anya, Elsa?

Good luck! I am in similar situation with Finn, love it but not entirely sure if I will go for it. Mind you, I only know one.

TheoxenandDonkeyskneltdown Sun 30-Dec-12 14:58:29

Alice, Anya, Grace, Jenna - anything except Cathy wink.

As for boys why not Finn or Luca if you like it? Or how about Drake, or Neil or let's go continental Leo or Lars?

ThePlEWhoLovedMe Sun 30-Dec-12 17:54:56

Floyd
Blake
Tate
Reed

thegreylady Sun 30-Dec-12 18:08:43

You might be surprised at how few Finns there are-lots of Finlays and Finleys but not so many Finns-you never see it on personalised stuff in shops which is an indicator.

Startail Sun 30-Dec-12 18:30:46

I was going to say Heather, but Comeon has http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Latin_name_for_Heather_plant gone one better with Erica]

Bryony, Hazel, Skye, Isla, Robyn, Ivy, Bridgit, Elsapeth, all of which are nice Juno (which I hate)

Fin, Caleb, Callum, Ralph, Scott, Cameron would be perfect except for the PM connection.

Something out doorsy, possibly Celtic fringe, strong and not too long and not too pretty.

I've never heard Heath as a first name I like it, he definitely needs a good name for his sibling.

Startail Sun 30-Dec-12 18:41:26

sorry Kindle Fire loses [ link

OddFrog Sun 30-Dec-12 18:49:27

Cairn

GRW Sun 30-Dec-12 18:57:33

What about Rocco for a boy? I like Alethea for a girl but it probably wouldn't go well with Heath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now