Immediate reactions to Arthur

(81 Posts)
Ruththetooth Wed 26-Dec-12 16:37:40

I really like it and think it's a good, solid, masculine name but not sure if I'm brave enough to use it as I'm sure some people will think it's a really odd choice. I'd love to know your immediate and honest first reactions to it. I know I shouldn't be bothered by what other people think but that's how I am...obviously, or I wouldn't be asking for your opinions.

VickyU Sat 05-Jan-13 22:20:44

I absolutely love Arthur. In fact I think we are going to use it ourselves for DS1 due in three weeks! BUT - I am having second thoughts simply based on how crazily popular it seems to have become literally in the last few months. I have three facebook friends (who don't know each other) who have all given birth to boys in the last two weeks. Two of them have been called Arthur and one of them is George Arthur. Now I know that is not a very scientific study of the popularity of the name Arthur....but it has freaked me out a bit!

AuntieShirley Sun 06-Jan-13 00:54:42

Very, very trendy and I am not keen at all.

AuntyAnna Sun 06-Jan-13 01:25:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

stayinginstate Sun 06-Jan-13 23:23:25

Dreadful name, my immediate reaction is disbelief that anyone could really use it but I have an aversion to grandpa names generally.

PartTimeModel Sun 06-Jan-13 23:33:01

Love itsmile

babysaurus Sun 06-Jan-13 23:35:56

Like it but its VERY fashionable at the moment! Arthur's are currently either over 80 or under 5

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now