Wobble over name!

(20 Posts)
katiecubs Fri 07-Dec-12 22:53:40

Super name - sounds like a character in a detective novel - Millie Morris investigates smile

EvenIfYouSeeAPoppy Fri 07-Dec-12 18:40:23

I think it sounds fine, although I would give her a 'serious' name - as merrymonsters suggests, Emilia or Camilla, or Amelia or even Millicent (of Milly-Molly-mandy fame) - and use Millie/Milly as the nickname.

Sophia is a lovely name.

newby2 Fri 07-Dec-12 18:37:05

I love Millie Morris, she sounds like a cool American bluegrass singer. Go for it.

I wouldn't do it - don't like alliterative names, personally. It sounds too cutesy and a bit contrived (even if it really isn't).

Lyns22 Fri 07-Dec-12 16:48:48

It's really sweet! I'd love an alliteration name but struggling to find a nice one x

merrymonsters Fri 07-Dec-12 14:25:28

Sorry to disagree, but it sounds like something out of a nursery rhyme. I wouldn't do it.

Perhaps you could call her Emilia or Camilla (with Millie as a nickname) so she can choose something more grown up sounding when she's older.

Bakingtins Fri 07-Dec-12 13:38:38

Can we keep the phrase "illiteration names" for u-neeq spellings of otherwise nice names?

I think Millie Morris is fine.

FairyArmadillo Fri 07-Dec-12 13:28:02

I know a little girl with those same initials, different M names but similar to Milly Morris. I think it's rather lovely.

Vics1980 Fri 07-Dec-12 13:02:00

Thanks everyone, you've now given me the dilemma over the spelling of it! I think oh originally wanted it as milly so maybe that'll be what we do!

TwasTheDawnDeeforeXmas Fri 07-Dec-12 09:35:23

I love alliteration names. Think Millie Morris sounds cool. Would definitely go with the spelling Milly though.

rachel234 Fri 07-Dec-12 09:33:17

I like it too and prefer it as Millie Morris.

(Milly looks like a little mill and too much like Silly imo).

Snazzyfeelingfestive Fri 07-Dec-12 09:31:38

I love it and like others prefer the spelling Milly. Sounds like a film star with Morris I think!

Vics1980 Fri 07-Dec-12 09:23:33

Thanks everyone I think you've helped me decide that if Millie's the name we really love we need to stick with it & forget the worries about what everyone else's opinions might be! Such a tough thing to pick a name that someone has to live with forever!

toobreathless Fri 07-Dec-12 02:06:05

It's fine.

If it was really concerning you Camilla then nn Milly?

Teapig Thu 06-Dec-12 22:22:49

It's lovely and goes well with the surname.

Alisvolatpropiis Thu 06-Dec-12 22:04:38

Prefer the Milly spelling personally. Think Millie Grace sounds best as the ee sound isn't repeated as it is with Sophia.

Milly Morris sounds great. Some alliterative names work really well! smile

lovemybabyboy Thu 06-Dec-12 21:55:03

Sounds fine to me, lovely name.

jellyrolly Thu 06-Dec-12 21:44:09

It's lovely, I think illiteration names are great, really strong.

Roseformeplease Thu 06-Dec-12 21:43:48

I would be spelling it Milly but actually think it sounds lovely. Alliterative names often work really well. Good luck.

Vics1980 Thu 06-Dec-12 21:39:40

As title says i am having a bit of a wobble over the name we have chosen should we have a girl! Since about 12 wks we have been set on the name either Millie grace or Millie Sophia. The problem is baby's surname will be Morris & I'm suddenly panicking that Millie Morris sounds ridiculous! We're keeping our names a secret so can't run it past friends or family so just wondered what u ladies thought of Millie Morris?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now