Celeste?

(32 Posts)
DaySleeper Wed 05-Dec-12 15:26:53

I quite like it. What do you think?

Ive looked at previous threads on this name and I'm ok with both the celery and the Marie Celeste connotations that seem to come up. It would def be for a first name as I have a middle name (single syllable family name) already sorted. Thanks

Pasiphae Thu 06-Dec-12 13:43:06

I have a Celeste.
We got more good comments than bad.
The bad one were mainly about the Pills and that some people thought the name was a bit "stripper" ???
And we had the Daphne and Celeste's songs as well.
We love Babar, so we loved that one link and actually collected a few Queen Celeste things.
We never met any others, unless we go in France.
Mine gets Cece and Celie or Celestie and the one she hates the most but can't say no to, because babies tend to use it, is:"lestie".

Obv, my opinion is that it is a superbe name! Good choice!

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Thu 06-Dec-12 13:56:34

Oh nice name.

Sought of ethereal.

DaySleeper Thu 06-Dec-12 15:43:42

More lovely feedback, thank you. I feel I should hide the thread now in case it all goes horribly wrong from here on in wink

As a diaphragm-user, I'm ok with the pill connection - and as someone said, who knows what will be around in the future.

Pasiphae - so interesting to hear you have a Celeste. "Stripperish" indeed! Horses for courses, I suppose, although if I was looking to go into that line of work myself I think I'd be going for something a little racier than Celeste. I'm quite out of touch and had never heard of Daphne and Celeste- have since Googled and put them back out of my mind. The Babar link is endearing, to me, if anything.

And toobreathless - congratulations on both DD2 and your excellent taste smile. My DD1 has a name that relates to the sun, so I quite like the heavenly connotations of Celeste as well.

NotForProfit Sat 08-Dec-12 15:35:19

Daphne & Celeste ("u-g-l-y, you ain't got no alibi") remember? the awful girl duo from about 2000? which is why i had to talk myself out of usig the name; much as i like it.

DaySleeper Sat 08-Dec-12 15:43:33

Happily I've absolutely never heard of them, so not remotely bothered!

SparklingSnow Sat 08-Dec-12 19:03:24

That's a lovely name. Very pretty.

Mylittlepuds Mon 10-Dec-12 15:46:13

I love Celeste but it reminds me of the pill mentioned by toobreathless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now