Celeste?

(32 Posts)
DaySleeper Wed 05-Dec-12 15:26:53

I quite like it. What do you think?

Ive looked at previous threads on this name and I'm ok with both the celery and the Marie Celeste connotations that seem to come up. It would def be for a first name as I have a middle name (single syllable family name) already sorted. Thanks

BRANdishingMistletoe Wed 05-Dec-12 15:33:09

I love it. I would have named DD Celeste if I could have, it would really suit her.

rachel234 Wed 05-Dec-12 18:18:40

Lovely name.

WonkyWilly Wed 05-Dec-12 19:39:01

Really beautiful name! If I met a little girl called Celeste I would be compelled to comment on how sweet her name is!

SeasonallySnowyPeasant Wed 05-Dec-12 19:42:29

I really like it and it was on my list for DD. we went with something else in the end but if there's ever a DD2 it would be a strong contender.

MustafaCake Wed 05-Dec-12 19:55:17

Gorgeous name, was on my list for DC2 (who turned out to be a boy).

We had all sorts of starry names on the list:

Celeste
Astrid
Stella
Estelle
etc.................!!

ClareMarriott Wed 05-Dec-12 21:07:34

The only Celeste I know of was the actress Celeste Holm

thatlldopigthatlldo Wed 05-Dec-12 21:08:57

lovely.

DaySleeper Wed 05-Dec-12 22:02:34

Oh lovely feedback so far, thank you!

Love it, was on my list.

goralka Wed 05-Dec-12 22:05:35

such a pretty name, go for it!
does remind me a little of Babar the Elephant, I think Mrs. Babar was called Celeste, but that's not important and I am probably showing my age.

FriggFRIGG Wed 05-Dec-12 23:34:25

Gorgeous.
really love it.

It's unusual,but known,simple enough to spell and pronounce,
Sweet on a girl,but the name seems to 'grow up' as you imagine an older child and then an adult woman.

That's a rare quality in a name...

DaySleeper Thu 06-Dec-12 06:40:39

Oh this is really great- thank you!

Just out of curiosity, which way can you see nns going for Celeste?

SeasonallySnowyPeasant Thu 06-Dec-12 10:22:46

I had to think quite hard to come up with a nn. I think people would use her full name unless you instigated something.

monal Thu 06-Dec-12 10:27:50

I love it. If I didn't know someone who already named his daughter this it would be top of my list. It's gorgeous.

lyndie Netherlands Thu 06-Dec-12 10:31:34

I love it but it makes me think of Cilest which is a brand of pill! Though you wouldn't know that unless you take it and it'll probably be discontinued by the time she is much bigger.

Lovely name reminds me of Celeste Holme who was in High Society and sung Who Wants To Be A Millionaire..............She was an amazing actress!!

I think Essie would be a good nn, if you really needed one.

...despite being a brand of nail polish. smile

ChestnutsRoastingonaWitchesTit Thu 06-Dec-12 10:58:57

Its gorgeous, classic and pretty but also quite strong.

Also gives you the nick name Ce-Ce which is just adorable.

Go for it!

DaySleeper Thu 06-Dec-12 11:29:55

You are all making my day- thank you smile

I actually love Essie as a nn - I hadn't thought of that. And Ce-Ce. Both v cute. Although it's true that it may be that she would just go by her full name which would be fine by me. This is feeling good smile

PeppaPigStinks Thu 06-Dec-12 12:35:53

Sorry but I am sure there was a contraceptive pill called cilest? I could be wrong though and it is a pretty name.

PieceOfTheMoon Thu 06-Dec-12 12:43:28

I love it and it was on my list for DC2 (despite taking cilest - that never crossed my mind!), but not using it as DH not keen.

toobreathless Thu 06-Dec-12 13:09:07

We are expecting DD2 and she will probably be called Celeste smile we have DD1 who is Hazel & wanted a nature/earthy name for DD2 without being too matchy.

She will probably be Celeste day to day, we might use the nn Etta.

Lovely meaning : 'heavenly'

It is also number 1000 odd in the popularity stakes & is not rising in popularity. Equates to about 40 babies born in the UK a year.

You have excellent taste grin

toobreathless Thu 06-Dec-12 13:10:31

Oh yes and there is a pill called Cilest, this doesn't bother me too much despite the fact that I prescribe it occasionally (it's not generally first line) and I have taken it in the past!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now