Calling teachers .. what ate naughty boy names?

(130 Posts)
MyNewVenture Tue 04-Dec-12 17:18:23

Middle class naughty boy names rather than 'Shane' type names. For non teachers, who are the naughty boys in your child's class?

blondefriend Sun 09-Dec-12 20:08:14

I feel like I need to apologise before answering but I mentioned this to another teacher just last week. Three students not finished their coursework for me - Josh, Josh and James. All bright, sociable young men but organisation is not their strong point.

I named my son Charlie because all the Charlie's I've taught have been sweet, cheeky and pleasant. Not always the brightest but nice.

As a teacher I couldn't name my own child with the same name as student I've taught that was naughty because I would always associate them with that individual (Callum jumps to mind) but I wouldn't ask other teachers their opinions as I might be left with no names at all.

Astralabe Mon 10-Dec-12 20:59:08

Josh
Jake
Jayden
Jordan
Jack

messybedhead Mon 10-Dec-12 21:16:48

Even my not particularly bright 3 year old (who probably has a naughty name as he is a naughty child himself) has recently told me

'Mum, every single Callum is naughty'.

Sometimes he tells me about naught Callum, but you know, not that naughty Callum, the other one! grin

MrsDeVere Mon 10-Dec-12 21:27:53

I do not buy the 'social economic link'.
It is like saying 'well how can you argue that black people are not more likely to be criminal when so many are pulled over by the police?'

A Jayden and a Kaden and a Finn and a Noah may all be doing the same sort of thing.

Jayden and Kaden are naughty, aggressive and disruptive but Finn and Noah are bright, easily bored and boisterous.

Jayden and Kaden have to behave twice as well as Finn and Noah to avoid being labelled negatively.

Frankly I think there should be an equivalent of Godwin's Law for Freakanomics.

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Mon 10-Dec-12 21:29:55

Well said mrsD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now