Calling teachers .. what ate naughty boy names?

(130 Posts)
MyNewVenture Tue 04-Dec-12 17:18:23

Middle class naughty boy names rather than 'Shane' type names. For non teachers, who are the naughty boys in your child's class?

MyNewVenture Tue 04-Dec-12 17:19:29

Arrrgh - what are the naughty boy names

Middle class naughty boys names??

Wow.

Bearandcub Tue 04-Dec-12 17:24:12

"Shane type names"... Charming.

MyNewVenture Tue 04-Dec-12 17:24:55

Why wow?

Are the mc boys you know all good boys? Not where we live grin.

I just didn't want a list of male wynetta type names

It's just the fact you would even ask what naughty boys names are, let alone quantify it with middle class.

Why? Do you think if you name your child Shane he will turn naughty??

MolotovCocktail Tue 04-Dec-12 17:27:01

In my DDs class, the 'naughty boys' are Luke, Lucas and Charlie.

She's nearly 4yo.

Greensleeves Tue 04-Dec-12 17:27:02

Well, hating as I do to play into stereotypes... I had a hell of a day today and this thread is just toooooooooooooo tempting

Not "naughty boys" as such, they are all adorable (and I really mean it!) but the sparky little pickles who turn my hair grey (am not playing into the "middle class" thing because I don't think it is that simple)

Jayden
Ayden
Cayden
Kian
Tyler
Chayton
Daniel
Nathan
Aaron
Alfie

But, but, but they aren't naughty names. Theres no such thing. And you cant avoid a name you like because they are naughty??

Names have zero effect on a child's behaviour FFS.

Oh and one of those names on that list belongs to ds1 who is 13 and definitley not naughty.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 04-Dec-12 17:33:50

Shane

Greensleeves Tue 04-Dec-12 17:36:35

Tantrums, I did say that I wouldn't call them "naughty boys", just sparky. And OP only asked for our personal experiences.

On reflection I shouldn't have posted at all sad. I thought it would be lighthearted (and affectionate, which it is on my part) but if it upsets people whose children have those names I apologise.

MolotovCocktail Tue 04-Dec-12 17:37:01

I suppose they're 'naughty' because you connect the behaviour to the child, and then the child to the name?

It's going to be different for everyone. It is not science; this is not a quantitative research project which will yield any useful data whatsoever.

It's just a lighthearted question - maybe phrase a little clumsily - right, OP?

COCKadoodledooo Tue 04-Dec-12 17:37:38

William, Hugo, James.

greensleeves I'm not offended, I'm just amazed someone would even ask such a question.

<hides topic entirely. Clearly not for me>

PandaNot Tue 04-Dec-12 17:40:45

Max and Ryan. Never taught a well behaved Ryan, middle class or not.

SantasNaughtySack Tue 04-Dec-12 17:42:17

Damien. <whistles innocently>

MolotovCocktail Tue 04-Dec-12 17:43:16

I love MN, but I do get confused when people pick bones with threads which obviously mean no harm.

Everybody remembers 'naughty' boys and girls at school, don't they? I'm not stupid enough to think that Luke, Lucas and Charlie are names that shall be forevermore tarnished with the naughty brush.

GinAndaDashOfLime Tue 04-Dec-12 17:45:11

IME after 13 years teaching inner city teens in rough schools, Naughty names:
Marcus
Leon
Nathan
Connor
Aaron
Daniel
Aidan
Reece / Rhys
Jamal (all spellings)
Cameron
Joshua
Jordan

Of course there are always exceptions to this, I've definitely taught a nice well behaved version of each of the above; but more often than not these names belong to difficult boys - and if I see them on a register at the start of a new term I definitely (although I'm aware of it and try not to) make prejudiced assumptions sad we're only human after all. And I DO think names change behaviour / personality very subtly - because if you're a girl called Chardonnay people (teachers, employers) will make assumptions about you before meeting you which may well subtly affect your life chances .. Sad but true - read "freakonomics"

Agree with Rhys, Joshua and Connor.
Also Cameron.

Smudging Tue 04-Dec-12 18:09:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CheerfulYank Tue 04-Dec-12 18:17:19

Matthew!

Every Matthew I've ever known has been a shit, and this includes my brother and a good friend as well as countless little ones. Watch out for the Matts! smile

CheerfulYank Tue 04-Dec-12 18:18:06

Oooh, I love Rhys...might have a naughty one on my hands one of these days!

EugenesAxeChoppedDownANiceTree Tue 04-Dec-12 18:21:17

A while back the 'most likely to be well behaved' boys name was Adam, and the least, Callum.

Unfortunately I know a family with both an Adam and a Callum, and they are both nice boys hmm

InNeedOfBrandyButter Tue 04-Dec-12 18:23:09

The name all throughout school that the naughty boys had was Damian, for some reason I can pick Damian's put in the crowd to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now