Rate our lists please

(25 Posts)
GalaxyDisaster Wed 28-Nov-12 09:51:44

I prefer Betsy to Clover if that helps.

babydad Wed 28-Nov-12 09:41:58

Thanks for all your inputs guys. It should be 'Montgomery', was obviously thinking about the surname when I typed that.
Favourites for us are Betsy and Clover for a girl and Rex for a boy.

We are trying to find names we love however much they cause deliberation with others.

cashmere Mon 26-Nov-12 23:37:16

Like Rufus

Betsy and Mabel

TenthMuse Mon 26-Nov-12 21:55:10

Adore Clover - makes me think of 'What Katy Did', not cows! Think it would age fine (certainly no worse than all the Milly/Tilly/Ellie/Daisy type names). Like Dulcie too, but it's definitely a bit more on the 'cutesy' side. Beatrix is quite cool.

Only like Rufus from your boys' list (but I do love this one!)

Boys:
Finch - sorry but I think this is silly
Rufus - not fond
Beck - oh dear no
Rex - erm, no
Montgomerie - that isn't how you spell it, is it? I like Monty.

Girls:
Betsy - nice as nn
Mabel - okay -
Beatrix - hate this but like Beatrice
Clover - love this
Dulcie - don't like

storytopper Mon 26-Nov-12 17:53:49

The first four boys' names sound like pet names. As others have mentioned, Montgomery seems nicer with a "y". It is a bit a bit of a mouthful but could be shortened to Monty.

I think Elizabeth would be nice -giving the option to shorten to Betsy, Beth, Liz, Lizzie, etc.

Mabel and Beatrix are becoming quite (too?) popular and Clover sounds like a rabbit's name. Watership Down?

Dulcie is nice.

MunchkinsMumof2 Mon 26-Nov-12 17:40:45

Monty and Rex for boys
Betsy and Mabel for girls

jaffacakehips Mon 26-Nov-12 17:35:29

Your boys names are bloody brilliant. Monty and Rex for me, however I do love Rufus.

Your girls names are just a bit weak for me compare to that of the boys. Beatrix is the best from your list. But that's just IMHO!

Ginandtonicandamassageplease Mon 26-Nov-12 17:32:12

Lovely names - unusual but not unheard of. I love Dulcie and Montgomerie. I think Monty is gorgeous for a little boy. I knew had girl called Dulcie at school - she was bloody brilliant at everything!!

YouCanBe Mon 26-Nov-12 17:22:11

Clover is beautiful. I don't see why it isn't suited for an adult!

chocolateicecream Mon 26-Nov-12 17:20:24

All of your names are really nice, the one that I am not overly fussed on is Rex, the others are great.

LemonBreeland Mon 26-Nov-12 17:15:20

I love Rufus and Montgomery, with a y.

I only like Dulcie from your girls list.

Welovecouscous Mon 26-Nov-12 17:12:02

Can I just say with the girls' names you have to think an adult will have this one day, who might not be girly and might have a serious job Eg this is Clover, your anaesthetist/the project leader etc etc. dulce and clover both too girly for me

Welovecouscous Mon 26-Nov-12 17:10:05

For boys only like Rufus, which I think is lovely.

For girls I love Betsy, but would have to be Elizabeth on bc with Betsy nn for me. Like Beatrix as well.

ConfusedandBemused Mon 26-Nov-12 17:09:50

Oh great lists, I like Rufus and Montgomery nn Monty is just gorgeous. From you girls I like Betsy and Mabel! You have great taste in names.

Rex and Beatrix are the only contenders for me and I love them both.

lljkk Mon 26-Nov-12 17:08:41

Not a huge fan of any. Betsy & Mabel make me cringe. Clover is a cow. Beck sounds incomplete.

YoullScreamAboutItOneDay Mon 26-Nov-12 17:08:03

I like Rufus and Montgomery. Not keen on the others personally.

Of the girls I like Beatrix and Mabel. I like Betsy as a nn for Elizabeth. Not keen on the others. Clover to me = cow.

ItsGonnaBeFine Mon 26-Nov-12 17:04:20

I really like Betsy (although increasingly popular) and Beatrix (lovely).

I'm afraid your boy names are not to my taste at all. Rex is awful.

ChestnutsRoastingonaWitchesTit Mon 26-Nov-12 17:01:22

Love Rufus and Beck

Love Clover and Beatrix (prefer Beatrice)

Rex and Monty, Betsy And Dulcie are much too twee IMO.

picnicbasketcase Mon 26-Nov-12 16:56:14

I don't like any of the boys names, sorry. My favourite out of the girls names is Clover.

Frikadellen Mon 26-Nov-12 16:55:20

I like Montgomerie and Rex from that list
Beck just reminds me of that awful Victorious show and Rufus is a bear to me (Despite having a friend with a son Rufus)
Finch is not my type of name

Girls I like Clover a great deal I dont mind Mabel Betsy and Beatrix are to overused for my liking and I wouldnt do Dulcie personally.

baskingseals Mon 26-Nov-12 16:54:58

from your boys' names my favourites are Rufus and Rex.

girls - i like Betsy and Dulcie.

Congratulations grin

NoTeaForMe Mon 26-Nov-12 16:53:07

I really like Betsy and Mabel...

babydad Mon 26-Nov-12 16:51:26

Would like some thoughts on our boys and girls lists (we don't know what we are having).

Boys:
Finch
Rufus
Beck
Rex
Montgomerie

Girls:
Betsy
Mabel
Beatrix
Clover
Dulcie

Cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now