I don't like any boys names at all, inspire me please.

(39 Posts)

Ds4 is due in 9 weeks <eek> and I seem to have name apathy and nothing appeals to me.

It will be an Irish name - one of the more unusual ones probably as exp seems to have a thing for awkward to spell and pronounce names. His favourite is Padraigh (pard-ric) but I stumble over the word ever time I try and say it.

The only name I love he says no to as the shortened version is awful, which it is so I can't argue with him about that.

He will have a common Irish surname.

Prefer not to have a name starting with J, M or C.

Any ideas?

I love country music (well most of it) so have a soft spot for him. He doesn't look right when he takes his hat off though. I thought Simon got it right when he sent the young girl (Beatrice?) home, she looked under so much pressure. I really don't like Cece though. There seems to be so much more talent in xfactor USA than xfactor, they kept going on about Ella being 16 - some of these girls are 12/13 and could sing rings around her! <I don't know anyone else that watches it sorry!>

I think ex has as much say in baby names as I do as he's the babies dad smile although he can be a bit of a bully, but then I can be a stroppy mare and am not above stropping off to the registry office alone if we can't agree blush

Looks like I will be offering up Lorcan and Tiernan. And Tate although he will tell me that's not a proper Irish name. To which I will probably reply that ds4 won't be a proper Irish baby as his mother (me) is English! (I hope that isn't an offensive thing to have just said?)

How is Phelim pronounced? I am reading it as phlegm!

I like Diarmud we have a friend with the same name though, it was on the list for ds3.

Ooooh just noticed Francis. I am liking it a lot. <adds it to list>

CheerfulYank Thu 29-Nov-12 15:36:22

I think Simon did the right thing by Beatrice too. She just wasn't ready, poor little thing.

Carly Rose is very very talented but has had a lot of training, been in numerous stage shows, etc. They seem to leave that part out! smile It doesn't make her any less gifted (because she truly is) but I think a lot of the time our (American) performers have had more training than the contestants I've seen on the UK version.

<Remembers this is baby names, not TV addicts> I think Lorcan is nice. Rugged-sounding.

CheerfulYank Thu 29-Nov-12 15:37:48

Oh and I LOVE country music as well smile

I've just discovered Toby Keith, I'm quite liking American Soldier and Whiskey For My Horses at the moment. I'm feeling rather patriotic and I am not American in the slightest must be hormones

rainbow2000 Thu 29-Nov-12 15:49:42

Phelim is pronounced feelem
How about Pascal.Liam.Niall,Rian[reen]

One of exes favourite names is Niall, I don't mind it. Thanks got the pronunciation, I can't get my head round some of the names.

There's a Kian in DS's class, I always assumed it's Irish, and think it sounds quite nice.

BellaTheGymnast Thu 29-Nov-12 17:13:51

Ciarán? Love Pascal.

We have a Kieran and a Kian if the family already although its spelt wrong differently.

Pascal sounds French to me, it is a nice name though - makes me think of a handsome French man with a sexy accent grin rather than a little freckled ginger dinky boy that i will more than likely have smile

CheerfulYank Thu 29-Nov-12 17:47:25

Aidan is massively popular here but I've always thought it was nice.

Eoghan? (That's Owen, right? confused )

I also love Riordan and Seamus.

If you like Toby Keith you should listen to "How Do You Like Me Now"...great eff you song. grin

Mu1berries Thu 29-Nov-12 19:50:55

Neil/Niall for a baby? They are just so.... banal. But I don't hate them. I prefer the spelling Eoin. Eoghan is a bit much for me. riordan is a sur name.

CheerfulYank Thu 29-Nov-12 20:14:57

Oh...that's probably the American in me. grin I know a few little Riordans.

Astralabe Thu 29-Nov-12 20:33:40

Rory

Mu1berries Thu 29-Nov-12 20:52:13

Cheerful I can see the appeal in America!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now