Byron George?

(19 Posts)
Szeli Sun 25-Nov-12 21:19:14

The boyf thinks it looks like too much like Boy George. Only noticed this when I wrote it down for him, were quite happy with the sound.

What do you think?

Any other suggestions? Surname will be Alexander-McDermott

xx

ConfusedandBemused Sun 25-Nov-12 22:06:45

I didn't cop the Boy George thing until I read your post! I like Byron, can you drop George? Byron James sounds nice!

Szeli Sun 25-Nov-12 22:19:35

Byron James sounds nice... Then you have the BJ initials! Haha why is this so tricky?

xx

ConfusedandBemused Sun 25-Nov-12 22:21:19

Oops blush

forevergreek Sun 25-Nov-12 22:21:27

Byron with a different middle name

forevergreek Sun 25-Nov-12 22:23:57

Byron alexander

Szeli Sun 25-Nov-12 22:41:33

Any suggestions for a new middle name? Finding it a difficult 'fit' with our long surname. Needs to be a classic name too... probably single syllable, feel like I've done nothing but look at names since we found out we were expecting! xx

forevergreek Sun 25-Nov-12 22:49:12

classic:
Henry
Alexander
Nicholas
Maximilian
Michael
Tobias
Lionel
Lennard
Arthur
Edward
Otto
Thomas
Oliver
Christopher

Or add another name in between maybe like:

Bryron Otis James
Bryron Leon George

KenDoddsDadsDog Chile Sun 25-Nov-12 22:51:07

I know a Byron Anthony

Szeli Sun 25-Nov-12 23:13:08

Like the idea of two middle names but it's too much with a double barreled surname.

Gonna have another scope round for some single syllable names me thinks.

Thanks guys xx

DangerMousey Mon 26-Nov-12 10:12:47

oooh, love the name Byron! Might have to steal it for our boy's list...

Szeli Tue 27-Nov-12 12:37:56

Glad you like it, I'm unsure, swaying a bit towards Oscar today for a baby Ozzy haha. Befuddled brain.

I just can't find any 'proper' (non nickname) 1 syllable boys names for a middle name sad

xx

LoobyLou33 Mon 17-Dec-12 22:11:28

I'm pleased to hear someone else is considering Byron ... we are struggling to agree on boy's names and that's one of the few we both liked last time, but I started worrying it was too unusual / odd (probably just form other people's comments).

Sorry that's not much help for a middle name..I will give it some thought and see if I can come up with any suggestions!

OkayHazel Wed 19-Dec-12 20:58:00

If you're okay with the character traits associated with Lord Byron, I saw go for it.

StellaNova Wed 19-Dec-12 23:30:52

Lord Byron's first name was George, wasn't it? George Gordon?

OkayHazel Thu 20-Dec-12 01:16:53

StellaNova Yep!

copyandpaste Mon 24-Dec-12 04:08:09

Ngl I don't like the name Byron at all. Sorry :/

Szeli Wed 26-Dec-12 00:20:07

You don't have to ;) addressing some of the comments above, thankyou!

Alexander wouldn't work as it's his half his surname, I like a lot of A names but don't think they work for that reason. Same with B names and J names are a bit rudey haha.

Some lovely names listed too but as his surname is sooooo long (7 syllables!) I think his middle name needs to be short

xx

Szeli Wed 26-Dec-12 00:54:34

You don't have to ;) addressing some of the comments above, thankyou!

Alexander wouldn't work as it's his half his surname, I like a lot of A names but don't think they work for that reason. Same with B names and J names are a bit rudey haha.

Some lovely names listed too but as his surname is sooooo long (7 syllables!) I think his middle name needs to be short

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now