What names have been given to last five babies you know of?

(661 Posts)
1978andallthat Thu 22-Nov-12 14:54:25

Just wondered, for inspiration. Last five I know of are:

Kayden
Noam
Beatrice
Joseph
Matilda

Jansen Sat 24-Nov-12 23:25:29

Maddie
Henry
Isabel
Jackson
Chloe

1978andallthat Sat 24-Nov-12 23:35:56

I love you perks. I wanted someone to do that.

1978andallthat Sat 24-Nov-12 23:36:21

And our current short list is As and Ls though the girls name not been on here yet.

ChiChi

Seriously?

<gets out smelling salts>

Ham69 Sat 24-Nov-12 23:41:59

Ruby-May
Magnus
Constance
Cecily
Ruby

BuntyPenfold Sat 24-Nov-12 23:47:13

Gigi - pronounced with a hard g, as in geese

Those choosing Grayson may wish to google images of Grayson Perry before making their final choice.

Grace
Isabelle
Henry
Riley
Zachary

There seem ti be a lot of Matilda's and Isla's.

exit

RE Chichi, it was a colleague of my dh, when they called to announce the birth his reaction was priceless

New dad: it's a girl, we called her chichi
Dh: Jesus Christ, what'd she have a bear or a baby??

They haven't spoken since lol

SminkoPinko Sun 25-Nov-12 00:27:58

I don't particularly like the name Grayson but I really love Grayson Perry- why would he put anyone off the name? Always seems like a clever, kind, well-adjusted talented man to me and not afraid to explore different aspects of his identity so brave too.

I think Grayson perry is brilliant, not sure I'd ever choose the words well adjusted to describe though!!! grin

funchum8am Sun 25-Nov-12 00:55:09

Edward
Viola
Sophie
Kayan
Laura

amck5700 Sun 25-Nov-12 01:00:00

Libby
Jude
Emilia
Heidi
Garth

SminkoPinko Sun 25-Nov-12 01:00:51

Why not? because of his cross dressing? I think he seems really at ease with himself and able to engage with people of all different backgrounds with ease in a way that reflects being very comfortable with who he is. I'm no expert on him though and basing this mostly on seeing his tapestry programme on the English class system, where I found this quite striking.

Linnet Sun 25-Nov-12 01:44:23

Mia pronounced Meeah
Mia pronounced Meeah
Mia pronounced Myah
Ciaran
Blake
Harrison

BigGiantCowWithAKnockKnockTail Sun 25-Nov-12 02:09:05

Bartholemew
Ava
Douglas
Isabelle
Isabella

BigGiantCowWithAKnockKnockTail Sun 25-Nov-12 02:14:43

grin I love random posts like that Sminko !

Sam
Meg
Rose
Elizabeth
Charlie

All born within 10months.

Have a few pg friends whi gave pencilled in - Maggie, Ellie, Holly and Thomas.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 25-Nov-12 03:49:09

I find Grayson Perry to be quite creepy. Perhaps it was his earlier propensity to dress as a baby girl,but talented or not as an artist he creeps me out. Which I do not doubt for a second is his mainstream media intent.

lottiegarbanzo Sun 25-Nov-12 04:18:19

Not creepy and intended to be thought provoking I think. The few bits I've read by him are insightful, interesting and yes, very 'well balanced'. He's done a lot of thinking about identity and happiness (Why are we discussing GP here?)

tothemoon Sun 25-Nov-12 05:16:21

Ava
Riley
Grace
Gracie and another . . . Riley

sleepywombat Sun 25-Nov-12 05:24:40

Jude
Lucia
Oliver
Chloe
Georgia

catgirl1976 Sun 25-Nov-12 05:36:07

Tristan
Eva
Issac
Pippa (Phillipa)
William

SminkoPinko Sun 25-Nov-12 08:43:51

blush @turning a name list thread into a Grayson Perry discussion! Did I get the wrong thread? Thought I was responding to SecondhandRose. Is there another thread re GP? I find it really interesting that people find him creepy and want to know why and if it's to do with prejudice/discomfort with him being a transvestite and assumptions that this necessarily makes him confused and "screwed up". Or if there are other reasons people have come to this conclusion because as I've said I'm no expert on him. And not that I mind people being confused and screwed up at all, of course (aren't we all?), but the few times he has crossed my radar he has always come across as strikingly at ease with his own unusual identity and I have thought that was v fab indeed.

WantAnOrange Sun 25-Nov-12 08:53:41

Oceana
Jayden
Artemis
Phoenix
Thomas

EggsMichelle Sun 25-Nov-12 09:11:11

Samuel
Noah
Harry
Archie
Joseph
Betsy
Esme

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now