Would this seriously put you off? Initials

(36 Posts)
ladymia Mon 19-Nov-12 16:50:24

Initials BJ!

We like a name, problem it starts with B and our surname is J. DH is concerned about this but I think how often do people actually get referred to by their initials?!

It's the only name we both like and we haven't for weeks been able to find one to replace it.

Thoughts?

Crikeyblimey Mon 19-Nov-12 20:36:43

Not really related to this but hey...

The organisation I work for uses the following formula to set usernames for the network:
First 3 letters of surname + 1st initial + number

Ms T Shimm* became shit1 !!! smile

nancy75 Mon 19-Nov-12 20:40:14

I have said this so many times on mn. My initials are nob, you can't get much worse than that, it has never ever been a problem!

galwaygirl Mon 19-Nov-12 20:41:53

My initials are BJ as are my husbands, I thought I would get lots of jokes on changing my name when we got married but it never comes up and is really a non-issue.
Kids will always be slagged about something - if all they can slag you about are your initials I think you'd be doing well!

galwaygirl Mon 19-Nov-12 20:43:14

*husband's

MrsWhoGivesaShit Mon 19-Nov-12 20:51:11

when I was a school we had to have our initials in large letters printed on our PE kit!

Also, i have to initial a lot of things at work. i am CO, so not too bad!

fraktion Mon 19-Nov-12 21:25:14

I think it's best avoided tbh. He may not end up with a job/school where initials are used....but he may.

Kids will pick up on anything.

sparkle12mar08 Mon 19-Nov-12 21:26:11

Appart from FU, BJ is probably the worst combination of initials I can think of. Sorry but I wouldn't dream of using it.

cece Mon 19-Nov-12 21:27:25

BJ? Not as initials - sorry!

Personally I wouldn't, but it doesn't stop lots of people having, um, coincidental (?) initials.

We ditched our favourite middle name as it would have made DD DFS. Ok, so the chances of her peers finding out are small, but once kids do find out - and it only takes one to find out - and it sticks, things like that could stick around for a while.

ladymia Tue 20-Nov-12 12:23:37

Yes I think sadly this has been ruled out now completely sad

MrsWhoGivesaShit Tue 20-Nov-12 14:42:01

our surname begins with an E, so we were thinking of having : Archie Ronnie Samual E(surname) teehee!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now