Rocky James

(13 Posts)
WholeLottaRosie Tue 20-Nov-12 14:39:50

I used to know a Rocky, he was born before the Stallone films and named after Rocky Marciano. I can remember people asking him 'What's your real name?'

Jusfloatingby Tue 20-Nov-12 12:38:23

Its horrible. I can't understand how someone who chooses Charlotte for a daughter could then choose Rocky for a son. They show completely different tastes in names in my opinion.

CrapBag Mon 19-Nov-12 21:27:47

Rocky is horrible!

CharlieCoCo Sun 18-Nov-12 22:40:15

And also 1000s of Charlottes...

Beamur Sun 18-Nov-12 22:26:31

shoobidoo
I knew one once...

shoobidoo Sun 18-Nov-12 22:18:15

"i'm surprised they went with the Rocky option first rather than the (lovely) James option"

Perhaps because there are already 1000s of little Jameses out there whereas being known as Rocky means he'll probably not have to add a surname initial (or other modifier) to his name. I think Rocky is quite cool, actually whereas I think James is a little dull. Although I personally wouldn't choose either.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 18-Nov-12 22:12:33

I am quite surprised by that name choice. Rocky is a great name though,suits my cat really well ;)

witchitagrub Sun 18-Nov-12 21:39:35

I dont think rocky is awful, as such, i mean its not to my taste but i dont think its dreadful.

gnocci Sun 18-Nov-12 21:36:40

Rocky's real name was indeed Robert.

witchitagrub Sun 18-Nov-12 21:32:37

Was it pandawatch? Dh said it wss rocco! He clesrly just agreed with me to shut me up!

PandaWatch Sun 18-Nov-12 21:29:57

Rocky Balboa's name was Robert not Rocco <geek emoticon> grin

But a given name of Rocky is just awful imo!

witchitagrub Sun 18-Nov-12 17:54:11

Funnily enough dh was watching rocky the other night and we had a conversation regardi g the origins of the name. I asked if it was a diminutive of rocco in the film and it was. Do smg or fpj have italian roots? That may explain their choice...

I dont love it as a name but i prefer it to charlotte which i find very bland..

CharlieCoCo Sun 18-Nov-12 17:49:03

Not mine, but Sarah Michelle Gellar's.

What do you think of the name? Im not judging as dont care what people call their own child, but im surprised they went with the Rocky option first rather than the (lovely) James option to go with their Charlotte (but i may be swayed that names should go, since i have discovered this site).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now