So what did your existing DC want to call the new arrival?

(72 Posts)
DaySleeper Thu 15-Nov-12 09:42:48

And did you listen?

To kick it off, DD1 has decided that new DC (due in a month) will be called:

Julia or Celestia if a girl

Robbie if a boy. No idea why. And, no, she doesn't agree that Robbie should be "Robert" on his BC to give him more options as a future High Court judge....

Any more??

Annunziata Thu 15-Nov-12 15:14:01

Brum- he liked the programme!

amazingmumof6 Thu 15-Nov-12 15:18:48

when pregnant with DS4 older ones were big fansof ?Thomas the tank Engins, so they wanted anything from Gordon and Douglas (coincidentally DH's 2 grandfathers!) to Skarloey and Diesel 10!

AS you can see from my previous post 6 years on they progressed to Starwars

GrandPoohBah Thu 15-Nov-12 16:12:37

DSS likes Princess Peach as well, doiget.

That or Fidget. We did try and explain that it wasn't really a person name, but I don't know that it has sunk in.

Oh gosh I've just remembers DD2 was called "Hello Kitty" for about a week at DD1's insistence (and because we had dithered over a name)

Ds wanted to call the baby Robin because "i already have a hamster called batman" grin we said no although I did like his logic

QuickLookBusy Thu 15-Nov-12 16:52:42

Dd was 3 when dd2 was born. Whilst I was pregnant she wanted to call her Lauren. No idea why.

When she first saw her, she decided she should be called Sunshine, because she was "like a little ray of sunshine"
It still melts my heart now, when I think of it.

fairimum Thu 15-Nov-12 16:55:57

DD (4) - wanted to call recently born DD2 - Leafy...

GinAndaDashOfLime Thu 15-Nov-12 16:59:27

Dolly .. hmm

MrTumbleForPM Thu 15-Nov-12 17:07:40

DD who's 3, has a best friend who has a baby sister called Olivia, so she wants a baby sister called Bolivia.
Her first thought was Meg, which i would have gone with, but DD insisted we also had to get a cat called Mog.
But now she's most insistant that it must be Bolivia confused we've stopped mentioning it now as she has a strop when we sugest something else!

RedGreenRouge Thu 15-Nov-12 17:13:17

Dd1 wanted to call dd2 Fimble, so we decided not to go with her.

StellaNova Thu 15-Nov-12 17:14:58

terrywoganstrousers was it you who had a thread a while back about how your DH wanted to call the baby Dave because of some promise he'd made at school or something?

kate2boysandabump Thu 15-Nov-12 17:18:52

Ds1, when he was 2, wanted to call ds2 Percy, after the engine. We didn't.

I'm due in 4 weeks, this time;
Ds1 (9) Gladiator
Ds2 (7) Katsuma

We aren't going with these either.

openerofjars Thu 15-Nov-12 17:19:54

Round Xmas last year we asked then3yo DS what we should call Bumpy when s/he arrived. He thought for a minute and said, "Little Lord Jesus". And if it's a girl? "Er, um, Baby Auntie Cath".

We eventually let him have a bash at helping choose one of her middle names.

SkiBumMum Thu 15-Nov-12 17:20:14

Doodah

Stella- not me, thankfully!

DS2 would have been called Treehouse if it was up to our then 5 y/o DS...

Rolf Thu 15-Nov-12 18:03:35

Barry the Baby
or
Chicky Chicky Blarna (Banana)

DS wants to call DC3 Edward if it's a boy, and Gordon if it's a girl. Though he has very kindly said we could also use Tallulah if we don't think Gordon is girly enough.

DD is too young to have any opinion. She just likes to bash my bump and shout 'hello baby'.

EyeoftheStorm Thu 15-Nov-12 20:16:41

Zurg

Cezella Thu 15-Nov-12 20:28:16

Crystal or... Toast!

crabb Fri 16-Nov-12 08:08:07

DGS is almost 3. His Mum is pregnant but he has NO interest in naming the baby. Instead he insists he has a baby in his tummy whose name is Coco.

Nivet Fri 16-Nov-12 18:55:40

DS wanted to call DD Spider Biscuit. TBF I thought it had a bit of a punk feel to it & when she arrived it would of quite suited her.

We went with something more traditional though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now