So what did your existing DC want to call the new arrival?

(72 Posts)
DaySleeper Thu 15-Nov-12 09:42:48

And did you listen?

To kick it off, DD1 has decided that new DC (due in a month) will be called:

Julia or Celestia if a girl

Robbie if a boy. No idea why. And, no, she doesn't agree that Robbie should be "Robert" on his BC to give him more options as a future High Court judge....

Any more??

As a just 3 year old I did name my baby brother - Tom, after my best friend at nursery smile

StellaNova Thu 15-Nov-12 13:54:50

sqoosh that's right! A feral Welsh mountain child!

Mintberry Thu 15-Nov-12 14:11:38

Ahaha, I've had a good laugh at this thread.

Discussion has not come up, but 5yo SS has requested to be renamed Wolf.

Greensleeves Thu 15-Nov-12 14:15:15

ds1 declined to call ds2 anything initially. He used to scream "Put him in his basket!" at me. I once heard him playing with his train set chanting "Get babba out. Get babba out" to himself.

They adore each other now!

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Thu 15-Nov-12 14:17:20

DS wants to call the new baby either 'baby Rosie' or 'Miles Axlerod' from the film Cars hmm best thing is that we actually quite like Miles (although naybe without the Axlerod?)

OP - is DD a Peppa Pig fan? DS wanted to call this baby Robbie Rabbit or Richard Rabbit from Peppa Pig.

Now he wants to call it Darth Vader. I explained that perhaps it's not the most suitable name for a baby, but he insists that we can call it 'Baby Darth Vader'. He's taken to hugging my bump the last few days and saying 'I love you baby Darth Vader'. Bit worried now...

Kveta Thu 15-Nov-12 14:20:01

DS wanted to called DD Pingu or Baby. He was so put out by her actual name being Emilie that he pronounced it Enemy for several weeks.

'Bob' hmm

Although DP wishes to call the baby 'Dave' if its a boy, so talks have ceased on the subject until sense is seen all round. I maintain that 'it'd be funny' is not a good enough reason for giving a baby a name hmm
I'm working on the principle that he is joking of course but I am refusing to discuss for the moment grin

Micha54178 Thu 15-Nov-12 14:22:50

My little one was telling everyone that mummy was having a baby girl and it was going to be called Rosie. We tried to explain that mummy was having a baby boy, but she just said that the doctors had made a mistake. Even once he arrived, she still asked if we could call him Rosie!

scrumpkin Thu 15-Nov-12 14:25:33

God (It was around the time of the nativity hmm)

KnockedUpMell Thu 15-Nov-12 14:26:35

19m DS calls dd 'wah wah wah'. Quite appropriate for a baby really....

I think we will end up calling DS2 (due date TODAY) Jake. DS1 is mad about Baby Jake. He does lots of bump stroking & kissing is very interested in this new Jake!
Given that his options are likely to be Raa or Daisy Do we're quite happy with Jake!
DS was a girl until the moment he emerged so will have a back up girls name just in case though DS will probably still insist on Jake!

ProcrastinatingPanda Thu 15-Nov-12 14:27:55

Ds wants to call the baby Swampfire.

monkeynumberthree Thu 15-Nov-12 14:28:59

My Hello Kitty crazy DDs (2yo + 3yo) are insistant that DC3 will be Kitty for a girl, and Boy-Kitty for a boy hmm

I actually really like Kitty as a NN but not so keen on Katharine. However, we have no shortlist yet for DC3 who is due next week so may well end up as Kitty if we get really stuck!! grin

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 15-Nov-12 14:29:34

DS wanted to call DD "Octonaut"

sigh

BonaDea Thu 15-Nov-12 14:29:55

I don't have any DC yet, but my friend's DD suggested Josie which I thought was quite a grown up suggestion

cashmere Thu 15-Nov-12 14:30:10

Harry, Hufty, Nooga and currently 'little star'!

ivykaty44 Thu 15-Nov-12 14:32:23

katy and yes I did smile

curiousgeorgie Thu 15-Nov-12 14:32:43

My DD has a new baby cousin called Malachy.

And telling her that there's a baby in my tummy she now calls my tummy 'Malkily' which is a little odd while still keeping a secret from SIL! grin

curiousgeorgie Thu 15-Nov-12 14:33:42

Monkeynumberthree... I Really like Kitty as a name in its own right wink

ffnorm Thu 15-Nov-12 14:40:52

DS never acknowledged I was pg,so no names suggested,luckily he is very taken by her since she arrived.
My friends DD, 3, declared she wanted a brother called sistergrin

Popumpkin Thu 15-Nov-12 14:49:52

DS2 named DD Poppy. We did like the name but kept running other suggestions by him - Mia, Chloe, Lily etc. and everytime he'd listen, think about it & then say "or Poppy" grin.

DS1 wanted to call DS2 'Rabbit' bacause it would infact be a rabbit and not a baby after all confused safe to say DS2 was a baby after all and was not named 'Rabbit'

spiderlight Thu 15-Nov-12 15:07:26

DS would probably go for Eddie Stobart John Deere. Although he has already stated on several occasions that he's going to call all his children after himself (and has done so with all his soft toys apart from Washingmachine and Washingmachine2).

amazingmumof6 Thu 15-Nov-12 15:13:29

for DC6 our 5 boys wanted the names Yoda Shark for a boy or Yoda Yogurt for a girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now