Barney, Monty or Freddie

(34 Posts)
IWantToGoToThere Mon 12-Nov-12 09:41:57

Am 27 weeks with DS2. DS1 is Hugo (middle name Edward) so I do like 'posh' names (if DS2 was a girl, the name was going to be Charlotte or Elizabeth).

The name on the birth certificate will be Barnaby, Montgomery or Frederick.

Which do you prefer? I know these names won't be everyone's cup of tea, but the world would be a boring place etc etc

thanks

Popumpkin Wed 14-Nov-12 10:21:44

They are not names I would chose but I like them for other people IYSWIM smile.

I think Monty or Freddie are the nicest. Barney wouldn't be a purple dinosaur to other children any more I don't think but you would still get a lot of his friends' parents having the "what's that little boy called?" "Barney" "oh, like the purple dinosaur?" conversation grin. Although that may not bother you.

My favourite "posh" name is Jolyon, just love the sound of it although DH would never entertain the thought of using it.

IWantToGoToThere Wed 14-Nov-12 20:40:00

Thanks everyone. I still really like Barney/Barnaby so a bit sad there is not more support for it sad but am surprised Monty seems almost universally liked!! Have jinxed it now for sure, but when I first started considering Monty and read other people's threads on there, the responses were very lukewarm!

Now to try to finalise the middle name (sigh)

AlwaysHoldingOnToStarbug Wed 14-Nov-12 20:45:51

Barnaby/Barney! But then I am totally biased as I have one. I've only ever had one person mention the purple dinosaur to me, though maybe everyone is talking about it behind our backs.

Monty is my second favourite, I met such a cute Monty once and fell in love with the name.

Freddie last, only because it seems to have become really popular round here lately and I like less popular names.

But you have great taste in names!

CountingSparrows Wed 14-Nov-12 20:46:50

I have a Barnaby and love it! Usually called Barney though but not by me smile

lljkk Wed 14-Nov-12 20:47:25

Frederick is the only one I don't cringe at.

Hope88 Thu 15-Nov-12 13:54:47

Monty!

OBface Thu 15-Nov-12 14:01:22

Love Monty. Only name in the frame should we ever have a boy.

MiniTheMinx Thu 15-Nov-12 14:10:41

Why not have a Montague Frederick.......

IWantToGoToThere Thu 15-Nov-12 20:38:50

Hurrah, some Barnaby support!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now