Sisters called Lois and Lana: first thoughts without reading other replies?

(167 Posts)
Geargrinder Sat 10-Nov-12 16:01:45

Just as the title says. What do you think of Lois and Lana as siblings? TIA.

Welovecouscous Thu 15-Nov-12 18:27:59

Don't worry - my DS's name is considered meh on here. Surely chav better than meh? smile

Geargrinder Thu 15-Nov-12 18:32:16

grin

fluffygal Thu 15-Nov-12 19:14:38

gear I know 3 Lana's (mine was the first) none are chavvy. Agree Lana is not made up - Lana Turner was a film star fgs!!!

Lol at ditching Lana- she's over the hill at 2 years old anyway, make room for new baby!

Star Did you mean to be so rude?

OwedToAutumn Thu 15-Nov-12 19:21:50

Geargrinder the mail issue won't mean anything to a 2yo and a newborn but it could be a major problem to two teenage girls who actually receive post.

Geargrinder Thu 15-Nov-12 19:41:26

owed I know enough families in that position to believe, IMO, that it's not a big deal. In my own family most of the men had the same first name for generations.

fluffy it would reduce my food bills... wink do you think there's an official facility for Lana disposals?

millymae Thu 15-Nov-12 19:49:00

I love Lois and love Lana and certainly wouldn't have a problem - the names go well together. My two girls have matchy names begining with the same initial and no-one has ever thought it odd. I think people are far more inclined to make negative comments when they can do it anonymously and in your shoes I wouldn't be put off by them or the superman connection. This certainly didn't register with me and I'd be prepared to put good money on the fact that I'm not alone. Neither would I let potential problems with post put me off. We gave our two middle names that began with different letters and we've not had any mix -ups yet. If you like Lois as much as I do go for it - it's lovely.

redpanda13 Thu 15-Nov-12 19:52:08

Superman fan

mumbaisapphire Thu 15-Nov-12 21:03:41

Nice names. Never heard of Lana Lang but obviously have heard of Lois lane but I don't think it's an issue. As for the mail thing don't be put off I really think that is over thinking things. Most mail these days comes in envelopes which identify the sender do you can easily make an educated guess as to who it's for. In the grand scheme of things how long are they going to be loving in the same house for and receiving mail. If you open something by mistake then just hand it over. It's really quite simple!

mumbaisapphire Thu 15-Nov-12 21:04:31

That should be 'living' in the same house!

Worley Thu 15-Nov-12 21:13:36

are you superman fans?

Worley Thu 15-Nov-12 21:15:39

well you did say first thoughts without reading thread..
I like Lana a lot smile

CoteDAzur Thu 15-Nov-12 21:16:19

Superman

kellyhowells82 Thu 22-Nov-12 13:24:51

superman!

Sqeeky Thu 22-Nov-12 17:22:41

Superhero characters.

Which is not necessarily a bad thing. It's certainly better than Twilight names.

PurpleGentian Thu 22-Nov-12 23:15:20

Superman!

Lois Lane apears in just about every Superman adaptation there is, and Lana Lang was all over Smallville.

freerangechickens Thu 22-Nov-12 23:21:54

Someone has a thing for Superman (I did skim the thread and see that I'm not the only one, but that was my thought before I clicked on it)

lisianthus Fri 23-Nov-12 12:01:04

Superman fan parents, probably will call the child Luthor or Clark if it is a boy. Lois Lane and Lana Lang are just so well known from the comics spanning 50 years, the movies, the TV shows ...

It would be like having a little boy named Abbott and then considering calling his newborn brother Costello.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now