How many nicknames (sane or otherwise) do your children respond to?

(31 Posts)
MaryAstor Tue 06-Nov-12 20:49:59

DD's name is registered as Esme. Sometimes we call her that, but more commonly we address her by a nickname.

Nicknames in current usage are:

Ezum
Ezum Bezum
Ezum Bezum Boo Baa
Ezmatron
Ezmatronicles
Ezmatronicles of Narnia

Obviously for the purposes of this post I am discounting nicknames not tangentially related to her given name, such as Mrs Snuffles or StinkerWinker.

I think that this is probably a completely normal about of affectionate pet names for a child to have.

Dd2 is Hazel. She gets called Hazelnuts or just Nuts. Unfortunately, while I am fairly good at keeping these nicknames to the privacy of our home, dh is not so good at that. We've had some great hmm looks while out and about!

Rhubarbgarden Tue 13-Nov-12 19:58:27

Our two are mostly referred to as The Shouty One and The Round One.

curiousgeorgie Tue 13-Nov-12 21:03:32

My dd is moo. It's like it's her name. Even our friends refer to her as moo when asking after her and when she almost ran into a bike in the park my DH and his mum didn't shout "DD" instinctively, they shouted "Moo!!" blush

We've seriously got to stop it before school!

RedGreenRouge Tue 13-Nov-12 21:09:06

Dd1 has one diminutive but we usually just use her full name anyway.
Dd2 is has two different diminutives of her name and we use both. Otherwise she is Flowerpot, which earns us strange looks from friends as we aren't really the 'type of person' to use nicknames.

SpecialAgentSpade Tue 13-Nov-12 21:23:25

Noah, Noah Bear, Baba, Bear, Baba Bear, Monkey, sweetpea, petal.

StellaNova Wed 14-Nov-12 14:01:29

DS1 - Moo, Muffin, Puffin, Little Moo, James James Morrison Morrison, Jim-bob, Jamie-pie

DS2 - Alecky. Lexigon. Lexicon. Alexander Beetle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now