Names that go with the surname Curtis

(7 Posts)
DebK2012 Tue 16-Oct-12 18:04:24

Viola, Scarlett, Ava, Benjamin, Harry, Thomas (Tom,) Ellie/Ella?

Curtisbaby5wks4days Mon 15-Oct-12 13:08:55

We started off with a definite choice between Noah and Finn for a boy. Then dh went off Noah (rl peer pressure) and I categorically won't agree to Finley/Finlay as I will never call him that and it's our nephew's middle name. Dh prefers Finley with the option to shorten, rather than just Finn.
Girls names have always been harder - for a while we agreed on Erin Sophia. Dh now prefers Sophia as first name but is already shortening it to Soph which is vv annoying and not just because I'm hormonal.

I like:
Freya
Lilia (banned as dh's workmate already has one)
Emilia (as above although they opted for Meelia)
Erin
Holly
Willow
Harlow
Noah
Finn
....even writing them down none of them are grabbing me.

Dh likes:
Violet
Florence
Emily
Sophia
Finley
Harry
Theo

We've also toyed with Riley this week but maybe not such a good idea, saffron ?

saffronwblue Mon 15-Oct-12 01:33:10

Make sure that you do not pick a name that is also a surname. I have a colleague called Curtis whose surname could be a given name. I am constantly wondering if I have got his name around the wrong way and my boss sometimes emails him addressing him by his surname because we are both so muddled by it.
So no Harrison Curtis, for example.
I think a three syllable name would go best with it.
Daniel Curtis
Oliver Curtis
Benjamin Curtis
Philippa Curtis
Josephine Curtis
Vanessa Curtis

But give us a hint about the sorts of names you like!

PrincessSymbian Mon 15-Oct-12 01:05:35

Joanna? I think that works quite well.

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Mon 15-Oct-12 01:03:33

Pretty much anything except Curtis. Curtis Curtis is a no no.

Give us some ideas of the name you like and we can tell you which goes best/worst with Curtis.

Lee/Leigh?

Curtisbaby5wks4days Mon 15-Oct-12 00:06:27

Dh and I are expecting our first baby in the next 6 weeks. I've been choosing baby names since before I knew where babies came from! Now that I'm actually pregnant it seems we can't stick to anything. The main problem being is that our own surname is putting us off! Nothing seems to sound nice with Curtis, and much as I try to point out to dh that we will not exactly be using our child's full name every day, he's struggling to move on.

Gender is unknown. Double barrelling is out of the question - I don't use my maiden name so don't see why baby should.

Thanks for any suggestions : )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now