Girls name help

(19 Posts)
Alltheflowers Wed 10-Oct-12 21:35:23

Still can't think of a name I really love and due in December. Number 1 was Lucia but it doesn't feel quite right.

What about Fern? I like that but DH thinks everyone will think of
Fern Britton.

Am after something outside of the top 100 - a bit unusual but not weird. Nothing starting with a 'r' or a 'p'. Would love some ideas!

manicinsomniac Wed 10-Oct-12 21:50:53

Fern is okay. I'm not that keen but it's nice enough. I wouldn't associate with Fern Britton.
I prefer Lucy to Lucia but guess that's probably a bit common for your tastes.

Outside the top 100, unusual but not weird:
Anya, Ayla, Aubrey, Adele, Ariel, Aurora, Alannah, Anika, Anoushka, Briley, Bonnie, Celia, Cecily, Cassandra, Clarissa, Camilla, Cora, Cleo, Clea, Dora, Dana, Emery, Erica, Eden, Esther, Enya, Eilidh, Evadne, Eliana, Farrah, Fionhuala, Giselle, Genesis, Heather, Halle, Hayley, Ida, Iona, Jodie, Jade, Juliet, Jordan, Kiran, Kara, Lana, Luna, Lois, Leonie, Morgan, Miranda, Marissa, Maria, Nia, Nyah, Natasha, Philippa, Polly, Quinn, Ruth, Robyn, Sasha, Sadie, Seren, Stephanie, Talia, Tamsin, Verity, Xanthe, Yvette, Zia, Zillah.

manicinsomniac Wed 10-Oct-12 21:51:19

sorry, missed the r and p thing!

YouMayLogOut Wed 10-Oct-12 21:54:28

Lucia is lovely, prefer it to Fern.

Anneliese
Coralie
Cara
Larissa
Marianne
Delilah
Jasmine
Aster
Hermione
Felicity
Rowena
Holly
Aurelia
Harriet
Estella
Georgiana

Alltheflowers Wed 10-Oct-12 22:09:23

Thanks for your ideas. I'm starting to wonder though if the perfect name just isn't out there, or maybe I'm too fussy.

I quite like Enya (although got the 'sail away' song in my head so not sure that will do!). And Coralie is nice. But I don't love them confused.

Oh I should say the name is to go with Poppy.

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Thu 11-Oct-12 02:20:58

Not keen on Enya.
Lucia is nice.
Love Coralie (it's on my list)

How about;

Elizabeth
Cora
Evangeline
Marla
Angelie
Madeleine
Cassie

schplappo Thu 11-Oct-12 02:26:36

Don't know why but I think Constance goes beautifully with Poppy.

telsa Thu 11-Oct-12 08:48:14

What's bout Fernanda, or Verna. Going with that sort of sound, I reckon Vera is due a comeback.

Alltheflowers Thu 11-Oct-12 10:32:01

Coralie is nice. And Marla. Actually last night I was thinking of Marlie - is that a name? It sounds quite sweet? I do like cutesy unusual names I think more than old fashioned ones. So Constance and Vera are nice but not girly/cutesy enough.

baskingseals Thu 11-Oct-12 10:50:32

What about

Dulcie

Sylvie

Saskia

Miranda

Juliet

Louisa

are these any good?

baskingseals Thu 11-Oct-12 10:51:15

Dora?

Alltheflowers Thu 11-Oct-12 10:57:07

I quite like Dulice....but then I can't think of anything but 'dull' for short sad

baskingseals Thu 11-Oct-12 11:12:00

Lissy maybe?

what about Kitty?

Martha
Eleanor
Beatrice

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Thu 11-Oct-12 14:36:52

Constance could be shortened to Connie, which is quite girly/cute.

DebK2012 Tue 16-Oct-12 18:13:52

Isabella, Cora, Saskia, Octavia????

MrsEdinburgh Tue 16-Oct-12 19:12:19

Marlie is lovely.
It is a variant of Marlee & Marlene, I believe it means marsh by the meadow.

My Auntie's husband has a sister called Marlie, think this Marlie is in her mid seventies.

noblegiraffe Tue 16-Oct-12 19:29:02

If you a plant name to go with Poppy how about Bryony?

mum47 Tue 16-Oct-12 19:31:22

What about Esme or Phoebe? My friends dd is Dulcie, I think it is a lovely name and doesn't need shortening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now