Saskia, Iris, Nell, Honor .... Which one?

(62 Posts)
onlyaname Fri 05-Oct-12 11:53:56

As above really. DD is a few days old now and we are not sure which one to choose.

Any feedback is welcome. I'm pretty sure I like Iris best. DH likes Honor.

Metronomy Thu 11-Oct-12 09:55:20

Iris.

mumnosbest Thu 11-Oct-12 10:04:40

Iris! smile

Saskia is Eastenders to me (while ago) and also nxt doors husky dog.

Not keen on the others sorry.

no one liked my choice of names either but nobody cares once baby's here so go with what you and dh love.

qumquat Thu 11-Oct-12 18:22:24

I love Honor, and it is spelled correctly, it's from the Latin Honoria. Don't see that Honor will date, I've never come across one. Love your taste in names, I'd use Nell as a nickname for Helena though, I'd feel a bit short changed to have Nell as my full name.

wildpoppy Thu 11-Oct-12 18:23:59

I like them in the order you put them in the question

Popsandpip Fri 12-Oct-12 15:43:35

Some really pretty choices there. Congrats on your new baby girl!

Not so sure about Nell as a full name - more of a nn IMO.

My middle name is Honor. People always say how unusual and classic it is though I know it's become more popular since Jessica Alba named her baby Honor.

BananaPhone Mon 15-Oct-12 21:46:30

Nell. I would maybe use is as a NN for Eleanor though.

Verynearlytea Sun 03-Mar-13 03:31:51

Congratulations!
Agree with some others on the Saskia/TOWIE thing.
I love Iris and Nell, had both on my list but fella didn't go for Iris (Nell in our final two). A lot of folks don't like as it's considered to be just a nn but I think it works just fine on it's own and if you used a longer version the her name wouldn't be Nell.
I also quite like Honor, it's growing on me as I'm typing, I hadn't come across it much apart from Ms. Blackman so hadn't formed an opinion but yup quite like.

lockets Sun 03-Mar-13 03:41:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sun 03-Mar-13 16:55:32

Old thread now but I wonder what OP chose? smile

kerala Sun 03-Mar-13 18:41:42

Love Honor and Iris. Saskia sounds pretentious somehow and Nell just isnt a pretty sound.

northofwestway Sun 03-Mar-13 18:47:32

Saskia is a good Dutch name (Rembrant's wife) and I am surprised that people think it is pretentious or TOWIE. BTW it is pronounced Suskia and not Saasskia. I have one too - named in honour of my Dutch mother.

CognitiveOverload Sun 03-Mar-13 20:07:56

Honor and iris.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now