If you could name your child anything..

(196 Posts)
dreamer79 Mon 05-Sep-11 18:03:50

..and I mean anything (no matter how ridiculous, if there are bad connections, what others think or whether it sounds good with surname) what would it be?

I love the names Constantine and River for boys and Sonnet and Indigo but they are a bit 'out there' and would not work in RL!

So what would yours be? grin

LegoDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 18:31:31

Boys:
Indigo (nn 'Indy')
Merryn, 'Merry'
Sparrow
Montezuma hmm nicknamed Monty...
Bryant
Isadore
Jaden
Kailum
Taylor 'Tay'

Girls:
Calla
Liliana
Rosamund, nicknamed Amy
Raven, nicknamed Ava
Isolde, nicknamed Issie
Ariadne, nicknamed Aria
Wren, nicknamed Renna
Aurora, nicknamed Rora/Rory.

LegoDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 18:33:00

Oh, and for a boy, Wolfie.

BogStandardOldWoman Tue 10-Sep-13 18:50:57

What a wonderful and creative lot you are! I read somewhere that people often name their pets what they don't quite dare to name their children. I have a cat named Jezebel, so I think it may be true..
Friend is expecting and thinking if names, DH has suggested either Spartacus or Rumpelstiltskin. Sigh.

miffybun73 Tue 10-Sep-13 18:53:35

Mine would be the names that I chose. Daniel and Emily.

ArtemisKelda Tue 10-Sep-13 18:57:36

I'd have loved to call dd Artemis but we had a 'no A names' rule. I had to settle for using the name on my last car grin.

ArtemisKelda Tue 10-Sep-13 18:58:00

And on here of course!

TheSlug Tue 10-Sep-13 19:33:26

Atticus for a boy would be my absolute favourite. It's on 'the list' (24 weeks pg) but is very similar to the family name we'll probably use, if we have a boy.

MummyBeerest Mon 16-Sep-13 02:48:41

I love the name River for a boy, and have met one. He's beautiful. Also love Axel and Abel (both vetoed).

For girls, I loved Aurora, Allegra, Vanessa and Chloe. All were vetoed.

My most out there names that I've never shared are Oz for a boy and Keeva for a girl.

Secretswitch Mon 16-Sep-13 03:15:17

I love but could never use Clementine,Daisy, Althea, Penelope, Cameron, Huck, Alexander, Blaze.

AurorasShoes Tue 17-Sep-13 18:05:23

I love love love Aphra, Callisto and Calypso but they're probably a bit too out there... More conventionally, I also love Verity but it clashes with last name, Eleanor is the name of a friend's daughter and Cleo has also gone

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 18-Sep-13 10:45:39

Eustacia

Littleen Wed 18-Sep-13 11:07:56

Really like Ronja for a girl, it's from a swedish childrens story, but it kinda has to be with a pronounced R, not an English soft R, so not sure really!

Bowlersarm Wed 18-Sep-13 11:11:40

Satchel.

I love the way the word sounds. Think 'Satch' would be a cool nickname.

Would not have done it in a million years, though.

TheSporkforeatingkyriarchy Wed 18-Sep-13 13:01:09

Panthea, think it's lovely name.

dietcokeandwine Wed 18-Sep-13 21:52:01

A girl would have been Clover or Arwen.

Boy would have been Arlo or Hector.

TwoTearsInABucket Wed 18-Sep-13 21:58:18

Claudio and aurora

JumpingJackSprat Wed 18-Sep-13 22:35:34

i like Alaine since i saw it in a book somewhere (arthurian maybe) but i reckon it would get mistaken for elaine. i also like ronica after a character in a book.

toobreathless Wed 18-Sep-13 23:58:49

Merryn, I ADORE it but it is very close to our surname think Merryn Mason.

I also love but couldn't use did to surname issues Amber & Margaret.

DD would have been Zoe if down to me, DH didn't like it. She would have been Mark if a boy.

Her older brother would have been Megan if a girl. Didn't choose it for DD cos felt it was "his" name plus several friends had Megans meanwhile

Oriunda Thu 19-Sep-13 15:20:42

Dream girls' names .... Circe/Nemesis and Persephone. I tend towards the darker side of Greek mythology! No boys' as left choice to DH but his actual name is Cosmo.

Name DS would have been called if he'd been a girl and after DH would have veteod Persephone and Ophelia (wouldn't have even broached Circe and Nemesis!) ... Aurelia.

jalapeno Thu 19-Sep-13 18:20:56

Sebastian, Siegfried or Gordon.

Octavia, Evangeline or Penelope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now