Worse child's name EVER

(793 Posts)
CupcakesHay Thu 29-Jul-10 18:32:54

Me and my Dh were talkign about awful baby names, and i thought I'd share.

I used to work in a passport office - and we had an application for a brother and sister....

She was called Florence-Jolly (yes, with the hyphen) and he was called Lionheart! LIONHEART! grin

Still makes me laugh... poor love!

Who's heard of worse?

Fairyloo Sat 09-Mar-13 22:57:23

Child on holiday called tequilla

Triplets (sure I read on here) faith, hope and Kevin!!!

williaminajetfighter Sat 09-Mar-13 22:54:15

There were twins born somewhere around Glasgow named Dolce and Gabanna.

From a celebrity standpoint Sharlene Spiteri has a daughter named Misty Heath. Wonder how many boys will comment about wanting to climb on her 'misty Heath'. Dear god!!

Carrie37 Sat 09-Mar-13 19:10:02

Mercedes and Innocent are catholic saints names popular in spain and Mexico. Jesus is also popular in these countries.

When we lived in Seattle I knew a guy called Cash and for a while considered calling Dd Seattle. I still quite like it.

I also have heard of sisters called Whitney and Britney.

bootsycollins Sat 09-Mar-13 18:22:51

Love Slash, he's a cool guy and doing well musically still, Axl is still a skinny whining little angry man.

I have a very lovely friend whose son is Serge after Kasabians guitarist/lyricist/full time love god Serge Pizzorno.

Bootsy, My DH is a crazy Guns 'n' Roses fan but DS1 got off quite lightly, being named after Slash (real name Saul Hudson)

notso Sat 09-Mar-13 13:11:50

Dsis's old tutor was called Phillip McKraken nn Phil.

notso Sat 09-Mar-13 13:10:17

Ancient and distant relations Boy and Baby and if that wasn't bad enough surname was Fokker.

scrumpkin Sat 09-Mar-13 13:07:12

Did anyone see that episode of the chase where Bradley Walsh couldn't contain himself when one of the questions had the athletes name - fanny schmeller- in. So funny.

thegreylady Sat 09-Mar-13 12:47:35

I know of a Lordy-Ann [girl] and a Sharky [boy]-they must be late teens now and went to the same school.

rockinhippy Sat 09-Mar-13 12:25:40

I've just spotted the Orson Kart one - are you in North Yorks I wonder smile

I can verify that one is genuine as I used to have a friend who worked for the NY house of records & he was one of her favourite listings - along with Shittibul Hussein - though that one can probably be forgiven as being ESL

bootsycollins Sat 09-Mar-13 12:05:17

Years ago I met a hardcore Guns and Roses super fan mum at a tots group who had a little boy called Axl and a little girl called Rose, she had Axl and Rose car stickers on her back windscreen above their seats too.

I know of a kid called Hendrix and I know a really really lovely family who have a son called Sherlock.

How gutted would you be if you were named after a famous person that you couldn't stand? My ds would have to change his name by deed pole if we'd named him Hendrix, he reckons that on a technicality Hendrix is overrated on his guitar playing technique and played quite sloppily. His favourite guitarist ever is Jimmy Page and spookily enough we named ds James.

Loving Danger is my middle name grin

rockinhippy Sat 09-Mar-13 11:47:49

Ellesse - wtf names a DC after a trainer brandshock

& Ebony, pretty name, but NOT on a fiercely pale white blonde pale eyed DC

Blackforestdonuts Sat 09-Mar-13 11:31:25

Blaze (on a bright red haired child), Merlin and Destiny

shebangsthedrum Tue 05-Mar-13 14:31:47

knew a couple of girls in the early 90s who named their daughters tyrion and daryon, not that strange compared to some but must be made up surely for girls.

MustafaCake Tue 05-Mar-13 12:01:11

Little girl at nursery called Cinnamon.

Cinn for short.

BeeBopDingALing Tue 05-Mar-13 11:50:56

Ethel & Maud, just why would you lumber a child with that.

reeniemartini Sat 02-Mar-13 18:47:46

Oh! Just remembered another friend taught a Siderella, NOT Cinderella, SIDERELLA - just don't understand!

reeniemartini Sat 02-Mar-13 18:31:09

My friend taught a Nike-Town - really sad

I was reading a newspaper a few years ago and came across an article about "Mums Who Like To Dress Sexy and Embarrass Their Children". I realised that I used to go to school with one of said mothers who has blessed two of her kids with the names DKNY (no idea how you pronounce this, as the letter or "Dick-Nye" perhaps?). The other was called Joop. shock

mewkins Sat 02-Mar-13 18:24:13

I have a distant cousin called Bambi! Now a woman in her 50s I bet she lives her name!!!

TotallyBursar Fri 01-Mar-13 02:26:49

Totally outing myself but she's a good'un:

We are a family that has a lot of Christophers, Samanthas, Dianes all names along similar conventional lines until my cousin had her pfb 'Horus'. Not the deity I would have chosen, particularly for a girl, but more power to her. I spent most of my time defending her naming choice whenever it was brought up at family gatherings. Until last year when they had their twins 'Heron and Tree'.

Horus' middle name is Set (not really very up on her gods there) Heron's middle is Raindrop and Tree's is Mantra.

They are happy with it and so are comfortable defending their naming choices and have said they are happy for the children to change them if they want to so...good for them really.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Thu 28-Feb-13 23:21:40

I know of a poor child called Hurricane...and his surname is Snow.

Lilka Thu 28-Feb-13 23:09:44

Le-a is a complete urban myth. Someone once went away and actually checked records for it and surprise surprise found nothing

Ladasha is a name, but spelt like that

I love Gaia as a name, it's gorgeous

Anyway, without question the worst names I have ever heard of are 'Adolf Hitler' and his sister whose middle names were 'Aryan Nation'. And the littlest one was named after Himmler.

I generally don't judge names, mainly because my children all have at least one name which is unusual and judged by others strongly. They judge me as well, although i didn't even name my own children, but hey ho such is life. I love their unusual names smile But Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation truly is a cruel thing to do to a child sad Those children were taken into care (not just because of their names) and I believe they have been adopted. Hmm, I wonder if their new parents changed their names?!

meddie Thu 28-Feb-13 15:15:01

His sister was called moschino

meddie Thu 28-Feb-13 15:14:29
BiddyBrady Tue 26-Feb-13 22:37:21

Orson Kart (say it slowly) and Russell Sprout, both genuine names ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now