Worse child's name EVER

(793 Posts)
CupcakesHay Thu 29-Jul-10 18:32:54

Me and my Dh were talkign about awful baby names, and i thought I'd share.

I used to work in a passport office - and we had an application for a brother and sister....

She was called Florence-Jolly (yes, with the hyphen) and he was called Lionheart! LIONHEART! grin

Still makes me laugh... poor love!

Who's heard of worse?

Mumcentreplus Thu 21-Feb-13 20:29:30

Destinie Unique...

PenelopePisstop Thu 21-Feb-13 21:22:19

There were twin boys in my DS's called Grant and Phil. They will be about 20 now. Both Ok on their own but together??

anonymosity Fri 22-Feb-13 06:30:59

My DD pointed at a boy in her class photo today and said "his name is Woofy, not Wolfy, but Woofy" (We live in the US so that's nothing really, her last school had a "Silver" and a "Stoney" - brothers)

MsAkimbo Sat 23-Feb-13 03:56:31

Le-a. Pronounced "Ledasha." No lie.

anonymosity Sat 23-Feb-13 22:36:17

You need to be careful about critising what are culturally specific names. Where I live (Los Angeles) its quite the norm to have children with names like

Da'Shawn
Da'Shawna
La - somethingelse, etc

I knew a Benjamin who was always called Ben.
Lovely - except he changed his name at 18 as his mum remarried and changed their surname to d'cock

Ben d'cock...
True story! He was a few years above me at secondary school!

pixi2 Sun 24-Feb-13 08:45:12

Not read all of these but when I went through my alternative phase my chdren were going to be;

Girls- Saxon, Sage, Gaia, Indigo-Blue

Boys- River, Oak, Raphael, North, Blaze (after the sun)

There was also a few Native American names.
Did briefly consider Gaia for dd but thought it may lead to teasing.

Imaginethat Sun 24-Feb-13 09:25:32

I haven't read the whole thread, but, at DDs school there is a Princess, an Angel and a Nevaeh. The last I was told is heaven backwards.

I've met several Nevaehs, it's popular in some cultures.

My favourites are spelling mistake children, currently enrolled we have a Chirs (dad misspelled Chris on the registration form) and a Joesph (same deal).

Imaginethat Sun 24-Feb-13 09:27:27

Oh and I know a family if children called Star, Summer, Ocean and er Michael

And another family with Matthew, Mark, Luke and Laura. Always makes me giggle

I've met Zozie and Nesrin!

Aztec, Blade/Blayde

I know someone whose DD recently had a baby and called her je t'aimegrin I can't fathom why as they have no French family connections, and when I said it means I love you in French she looked at me blankly and said it just sounds nicehmm grin

I prefer names that are names rather than random foreign phrases...

MsAkimbo Sun 24-Feb-13 15:26:15

Just to clarify- It's not the name itself, but the spelling of Ledasha I thought bizarre.

Kowalski Sun 24-Feb-13 16:29:52

Le-a is an urban myth....
here

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 24-Feb-13 22:25:55

"Nesrin" is wild rose in Persian. http://www.behindthename.com/name/nesri50n

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 24-Feb-13 22:26:09
pinkpudding Sun 24-Feb-13 23:10:40

My dad went to school with twins Alf and will hart. And my work colleague knows a Pocahontas

KnittedCharacter Tue 26-Feb-13 18:34:28

Yogi!

BiddyBrady Tue 26-Feb-13 22:37:21

Orson Kart (say it slowly) and Russell Sprout, both genuine names ...

meddie Thu 28-Feb-13 15:14:29
meddie Thu 28-Feb-13 15:15:01

His sister was called moschino

Lilka Thu 28-Feb-13 23:09:44

Le-a is a complete urban myth. Someone once went away and actually checked records for it and surprise surprise found nothing

Ladasha is a name, but spelt like that

I love Gaia as a name, it's gorgeous

Anyway, without question the worst names I have ever heard of are 'Adolf Hitler' and his sister whose middle names were 'Aryan Nation'. And the littlest one was named after Himmler.

I generally don't judge names, mainly because my children all have at least one name which is unusual and judged by others strongly. They judge me as well, although i didn't even name my own children, but hey ho such is life. I love their unusual names smile But Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation truly is a cruel thing to do to a child sad Those children were taken into care (not just because of their names) and I believe they have been adopted. Hmm, I wonder if their new parents changed their names?!

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Thu 28-Feb-13 23:21:40

I know of a poor child called Hurricane...and his surname is Snow.

TotallyBursar Fri 01-Mar-13 02:26:49

Totally outing myself but she's a good'un:

We are a family that has a lot of Christophers, Samanthas, Dianes all names along similar conventional lines until my cousin had her pfb 'Horus'. Not the deity I would have chosen, particularly for a girl, but more power to her. I spent most of my time defending her naming choice whenever it was brought up at family gatherings. Until last year when they had their twins 'Heron and Tree'.

Horus' middle name is Set (not really very up on her gods there) Heron's middle is Raindrop and Tree's is Mantra.

They are happy with it and so are comfortable defending their naming choices and have said they are happy for the children to change them if they want to so...good for them really.

mewkins Sat 02-Mar-13 18:24:13

I have a distant cousin called Bambi! Now a woman in her 50s I bet she lives her name!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now