Worse child's name EVER

(793 Posts)
CupcakesHay Thu 29-Jul-10 18:32:54

Me and my Dh were talkign about awful baby names, and i thought I'd share.

I used to work in a passport office - and we had an application for a brother and sister....

She was called Florence-Jolly (yes, with the hyphen) and he was called Lionheart! LIONHEART! grin

Still makes me laugh... poor love!

Who's heard of worse?

MulberryMoon Fri 06-Jul-12 23:27:53

he said he'd been told it was the Italian version of Felicity With friends like those....

Titchyboomboom Fri 06-Jul-12 23:35:58

Morgana
Hestier
Boudicea

Not necessarily awful, maybe just take a while to get used to

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 07-Jul-12 00:44:22

I don't think anyone could ever beat Frank Zappa's choice of Moon Unit for his daughter.
I used to know of a very old (now deceased) lady called Airey Muff. And my mum went to school with the offspring of Mr and Mrs Kermode, who they thoughtfully named Honour.

ItsjustSue Sat 07-Jul-12 00:57:24

Fanny Tickler - admittedly not a child but it did make me snigger.

FanjoPingpong Sat 07-Jul-12 20:16:37

Was he aiming for 'Felicia', maybe?

camtt Sat 07-Jul-12 20:28:12

My Mum knew an elderly, now deceased, Ulsterman called Delacherois, pronounced delasherus. Named after a make of tractor tyre apparently.

PegasusGriffin Tue 19-Feb-13 17:03:53

Triplets:
Pegasus, Hepzibar and Arriety.
Known as Heppy, Peg and Arriety.
Worst of all, their surname was Griffin, so Pegasus Griffin.

PegasusGriffin Tue 19-Feb-13 17:09:56

Also there were two sisters called Nevaeh and Htrae (nev-ay-uh and huh-tray-uh) which is Heaven and Earth spelt backwards.

peachyyy Wed 20-Feb-13 00:50:19

genuinely know a couple with a dd Coral and ds Reef...

DoYaDontYa Wed 20-Feb-13 00:59:07

A very distant relative of mine named her daughter Hunni , I mean wtaf was going through her mind ill never know

Lucia2013 Wed 20-Feb-13 08:48:28

Bubbles and pebbles??? I was in a terrible mood as trying to sleep as is half term and couldn't sleep because I had an argument wih my husband about baby boy names and when I finally fell sleep the postman came a d woke the kids and the dog up!! Bubbles and pebbles!!! Haha...

eggso Wed 20-Feb-13 10:28:56

In asda last week, a woman called her twin (boys) Ocean! Skye! giiit ere nawww!

LulaBear Wed 20-Feb-13 13:05:10

Amerikus Miley Cyrus Surname. hmm I know the parents and they ended up on Jeremy Kyle.
I was best friends in school with an Armarni.
I also know a Cayenne, like the pepper.

zingally Wed 20-Feb-13 17:44:47

An Australian lady whose blog I occasionally look at named her 3 kids -
Ivy (okay... not to my taste, but okay)
Yindi (a girl - YUCK)
Banjo (a boy - DOUBLE YUCK!)

What sort of dope was she smoking?

My favourite name however, is a boy I went to school with. His name was Wayne. Fine. But paired with his surname Carr... Let's just say Wayne Carr was a target for many.

AlwaysWashing Wed 20-Feb-13 20:19:52

HV told us of a child she knew named Ocean - lovely and apt as we live in a coastal area - but with the surname Haddock! Nooooo!
Also Muffet. Poor kid.

EggsMichelle Wed 20-Feb-13 20:32:13

I knew three sisters called Imogen, Ursula and Ingrid. Imogen's nice but the rest are terrible!

NappiesandGladrags Wed 20-Feb-13 20:51:59

I have a nephew Raven - yes for a boy

But the worst was Smirnoff - yes indeedy, SMIRNOFF!!

Aaaron, not bad on its own until you read the surname (Hiscock) I kid you not!

Also not a fan of Zee, Stone-Rose and Punanni - seriously why??????

NappiesandGladrags Wed 20-Feb-13 20:52:38

oh and twins Denim and Lace....

Mamuss Wed 20-Feb-13 21:13:51

Twin girls called Zozie and Nesrin

NappiesandGladrags Wed 20-Feb-13 21:52:17

Use to have two guests (americans) who were colleagues and used to stay regular at the hotel where I was a front desk manager.

Always got my newbies to check them in

Name's please Gents

Dick Skinner and Willy Rash :D - serious!!!!!!

RibenaFiend Wed 20-Feb-13 22:57:50

My only contribution
...was covering a class in a school once and was in the room post registration as a supply covering PPA.
My class is year 4. They're a lively bunch and no strangers to outbursts of violence (chair throwing, spitting, attacking one another) so, I know that I have to be cool, clear, in control and assertive but crazy enthusiastic too. Deep breath...

I was talking to the group introducing the activity and as part of my learning children's names, i ask them to say their name when contributing to the discussion. A girl had a fab point but hadn't said her name as yet and so I said "Brilliant! What's your name please?" She looked me dead in the eye, became very cocky and aggressive sucked her teeth making a kissing sound and said yomumma" she was clearly convinced her idea was wrong and the defensive attitude was her protecting herself...
"No! No! No! Your idea is brilliant I just don't know everyone's names yet, what's your name please hun?" (Yes I called her hun confused)
"Yomumma"
"What is your name?"
Mercifully another child interjects with "miss miss her name is yomumma"
"Thank you" and we quickly move on. I was mortified when I checked with the office ant break to verify that the child's name was "yomumma" and that she wasn't being rude shock

anonymosity Wed 20-Feb-13 23:32:30

Armani for a girl -
Youngblood for a boy - but there was something exciting and adventurous about it, I thought.

scarlettsmummy2 Wed 20-Feb-13 23:34:29

I have heard of a Phoenix and a Kinley this week. Not names I would choose.

scarlettsmummy2 Wed 20-Feb-13 23:36:03

I also heard a little boy responding to Bacardi at soft play. What hope has he poor child.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Thu 21-Feb-13 20:24:24

soontobemumofthree Jamshed isnt actually pronounced the way I presume you're thinking it's pronounced...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now