This topic is for discussing baby monitors. If you want to buy or sell baby monitors, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Safety of wifi 'repeaters' inside nursery

(6 Posts)
LucJoel123 Mon 21-Oct-13 14:11:34

I have a quick question. We have bought the baby ping monitor so we can see our little one on our iPhone.

As our house is on three floors the wifi is quite weak, so we were told to get a 'devolo dLAN 500 wifi repeater', which basically boosts the wifi signal through the electronic sockets.

Do you know any online places where us parents can check to see whether it is safe to have this 'booster' in the same room as little one's crib?

I have heard there are safety questions about electromagnetic waves, etc

LucJoel123 Tue 29-Oct-13 11:05:36

Anyone like to answer this??

bundaberg Tue 29-Oct-13 11:10:31

can you not have it wired rather than wireless?

JCWz Fri 21-Feb-14 07:41:19

Does wifi cause problems for babies?

MrsPnut Fri 21-Feb-14 08:11:12

I would say that the devolo repeaters are fine, we have one upstairs in our house and it means the wifi signal is strong so you could put it in a different room and still use the signal in the babies room.

this discusses the health risks

askeptic Wed 30-Jul-14 22:19:47

"Many people fear that EMFs cause cancer; however, a causal connection between EMFs and cancer has not been established. The National Research Council (NRC) spent more than three years reviewing more than 500 scientific studies that had been conducted over a 20-year period and found "no conclusive and consistent evidence" that electromagnetic fields harm humans."

www.skepdic.com/emf.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now