Note: This topic is for discussing baby monitors. If you want to buy and sell baby monitors, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQa> section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Tommee tippee monitor with sensor board

(4 Posts)
BunnyGrumpy Tue 20-Nov-12 19:43:31

Hi,
Just wondered if anyone has one of the tommee tippee sensor monitors with a mat and how sensitive they are? Our daughter falls very deeply asleep and its hard to tell by sight or sound if she's breathing, we're considering getting a monitor with a movement sensor but aren't sure if they'll pick up such tiny movements?

Any advice would be great, or recommendations for other sensors with mats. Thank you :-)

cheekyginger Tue 20-Nov-12 20:36:05

I have the tommy tippee sensor monitor.

I really liked it as we put our DS in his own room at 10 weeks as he was so noisy. I was a bit nervous about doing this at such a young age.
We bought one of the sensor mats just for peace of mind. We had a couple of scares as he had moved right into the corner of his cot and therefore the alarm had went off. But otherwise i thought it was great. I bought mine second hand and it still worked a treat, so they seem fairly durable! smile
It also has a couple of settings so that you can make it more sensitive if your LO is a really quiet breather. Ours was always on the medium mode.

My only issue with it was being a bit too addicted, i found it hard to stop using it!!! grin

BunnyGrumpy Tue 20-Nov-12 22:16:20

That all sounds really great, I can imagine getting addicted to it-I found it hard to turn off the normal sound monitor with our first daughter...I bet this will be even tricker! Thanks for the info :-)

kittygeorge Sat 16-Mar-13 19:59:26

Hi
I am looking to buy a second hand baby monitor to use in my house when my grandson who is 11 months old is staying over night with me. I am new to mumsnet and I do not know how to get into the for sale forum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now