This topic is for discussing baby monitors. If you want to buy or sell baby monitors, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tomy movement monitor pad

(4 Posts)
stinkypinky Tue 14-Sep-10 08:25:54

How old / heavy is your LO? DD2 was 10lb 3 born, and in cot at 10 days old. I have an Angel monitor at home, and it has adjustable sensitivity, and is on the same mattress as yours, but still has a few false alarms - when baby moves off the pad. Maybe it is the mattress? Come to think of it, the Tomy is used with a foam mattress...

So long as you are sure they are false alarms, and not a physical problem, pester Tomy, or return it. IMO the Angel monitor is much better.

Hope you had a better night smile

fijamez Mon 13-Sep-10 20:43:15

Thanks - I have it on plyboard but perhaps my LO isnt breathing hard enough!!

stinkypinky Mon 13-Sep-10 20:23:37

I have one at Grandparents house - in regular cot, and it works fine. It is on a piece of cardboard and this might be why.

fijamez Mon 13-Sep-10 20:19:10

Has anyone else tried this pad?

I bought it as I have the Tomy monitor which goes with it and it was fine when my son was still in a crib.

However yesterday I put him in the nursery for the first night on his own and it seems the monitor cant work through the thicker mattress (a standard M&P sprung mattress). Its fine when hes awake but once he drops off, the breathing movement seems not to register on the monitor resulting in lots of false alarms (and a very stressful first night for me)

Anyone else had this problem or a solution (have emailed Tomy but no response)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now