Clover Pom Pom maker

(11 Posts)
Tate15 Fri 18-Dec-15 20:17:09

I love to crochet but have not long moved house and have lots of yarn in bags begging to be used up.

I don't have a project in mind at the moment other than making a couple of neck warmers for my whippets but I have got itchy fingers for buying the Pom Pom maker and using up my yarn by making Pom poms!

Realistically though what can I actually do with them once I've made them?

A rug would be a possibility but I know I'd get bored of attaching the Pom poms to the backing and end up with an unfinished product!

I don't have young children or grand children.

I just have an irrational urge to make Pom poms!

Anyone use them and what do you make?

Tate15 Sat 19-Dec-15 20:14:08

Anyone?

missnevermind Sat 19-Dec-15 20:20:29

I be seen wreaths made of Pom poms. All different types and colours

missnevermind Sat 19-Dec-15 20:22:59

Its not letting me do the link at the moment but if you do a Google image search on pom Pom Wreaths there are some really good ones

Tate15 Sat 19-Dec-15 20:55:34

Yes, I do like the wreaths and would make one but am really looking for what I could make all year round and have visions of making thousands of Pom poms and not knowing what to do with them and just sticking Googly eyes on them!

I just feel an urge for a Pom Pom make but cannot think of any practical uses for one!

falgelednl Sat 19-Dec-15 21:27:41

HOw about a Pom Pom Scarf - we were going to make one for a relative this year but didn't start early enough. ideas here

namelessposter Sun 20-Dec-15 08:54:46

There's such a thing as a Pom Pom maker? Who knew? Off to Amazon right now..

Tate15 Sun 20-Dec-15 09:50:23

HobbyCraft have them. I keep fondling the packaging but have yet to succumb!

Tate15 Sun 20-Dec-15 09:51:22

namelessposter, the Pom Pom scarf is cute but sadly I don't have any young ones in my life.

ShortyShortLegs Fri 08-Jan-16 23:21:56

Not sure what you could do with actual pom poms apart from add them to the Whippet's neck warmers! but I have the Clover pom pom maker and found it awfully fiddly...instructions are useless, bits of wool fall out, it's hard to trim evenly and we (me and the kids) found it easier to use the traditional cereal box blush

MagentaRose72 Wed 10-Aug-16 00:07:40

I've seen lovely pompom blankets...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now