I have not only learnt to crochet, I've actually made something.

(15 Posts)
BaaHumbug Fri 03-Jan-14 00:50:46

I'm ridiculously pleased with myself that I have made a möbius cowl in one evening, albeit from very thick wool.

BaaHumbug Fri 03-Jan-14 00:51:41

Please ignore the double chin, I hadn't realised it was that big.blush

Rummikub Fri 03-Jan-14 00:54:16

I like it. Well done!

How did you learn?

BaaHumbug Fri 03-Jan-14 00:59:46

I bought a Craftsy class called Crochet Lab, but I'm sure there are loads of free YouTube.

Rummikub Fri 03-Jan-14 01:07:15

I did once try to follow an on line tutorial and got a bit lost! I might have to persevere.

BaaHumbug Fri 03-Jan-14 01:12:18

The good thing about the Craftsy classes is that they have a reply button, so you can put a particular bit on constant repeat for 30 secs or a minute. That really helped me because I could watch the same bit over and over without needing to put my crochet down.

Rummikub Fri 03-Jan-14 02:06:14

Yeah, think I might need that too!

BaaHumbug Fri 03-Jan-14 14:57:03

I'm going to try a hat next. [daring emoticon] I bought some Studio Donegal Aran Tweed, one each of Fuchsia, Eggplant and Green. I'm not completely sure it will work well as a hat though as there's very little give in it and it might be a bit itchy to wear.

I think I will also start a new thread looking for interesting colours as I would like to do a blanket at some stage but when I was at the wool shop yesterday I didn't really find anything that inspired me.

Rummikub Fri 03-Jan-14 15:51:59

My friend crochets and she has made some absolutely gorgeous blankets.

5HundredUsernamesLater Fri 03-Jan-14 16:38:45

Well done. It looks fab, love the colours.

BaaHumbug Fri 03-Jan-14 19:15:21

The colours are pretty, I used two balls of Sirdar Indie that I had bought a couple of years ago with no idea what I wanted to use it for. I only bought it because I liked the colours and the softness.

That is lovely - well done. smile

I'm making this for DD1 but all in one colour. I made myself one in the autumn and they are so warm.

BaaHumbug Fri 03-Jan-14 20:33:06

That's very pretty TWW, what colour are you making it in?

In Rowan Pure Wool in Orchid - a lovely purpley colour. I'm very tempted to keep it for myself blush

BaaHumbug Fri 03-Jan-14 21:10:22

You could always make two. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now