Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Pictures of my knitted bunch of giant flowers.

(5 Posts)
Purlywhites Fri 10-May-13 16:02:41

A straw would be too thin, when I hold them the flowers cover my hand and the stem is quite substantial.
Where can I buy pretty tubes from? I was thinking the width half the size of a loo roll tube.

Sorry should have said, it's dk yarn in colours blue spruce and cobble. The pink is fudge I think.

zaphod Fri 10-May-13 15:48:50

They're lovely. I can't judge the size from the photos, but would a drinking straw inserted in a knitted tube do as a stem?

Purlywhites Fri 10-May-13 15:46:54

The brown and green are Sirdar click. The white and pink are just oddments of wool blends I had in my bag.
They are all very soft and lovely to knit with.

Thank you btw smile

nettie Fri 10-May-13 15:44:59

They are fantastic, love the colours.
What yarn are they knitted in?

Purlywhites Fri 10-May-13 15:42:25

I haven't been knitting long but I love knitting flowers.

I'm experimenting at the moment but I want people's opinions of my creation I have just finished.
The pictures are from different angles, please excuse my terrible sewing skills in the picture of the underneath.

I have done this but not sure what to make as the "stem". I was thinking tubing with ribbon. What do you think?

Who do you think would like this kind of thing?

Please be gentle, I know it's only very basic.

TIA. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now