The MN Star - Photo Tutorial

(56 Posts)
PurplePidjin Wed 08-Aug-12 14:04:13

This pattern is copyrighted to www.woollyhugs.com

Please feel free to use this pattern for personal and charity. If you use it for personal gain, karma will bite you on the arse.

wanting Fri 25-Jan-13 09:18:13

It;s sweet and beautiful, unfortunately, the picture is not so clearly.

PurplePidjin Mon 13-Aug-12 17:38:37

Or simply award it to yourself for being the kind of lovely person who makes squares for woolly hug blankets thanks

PurplePidjin Mon 13-Aug-12 17:37:38

It's a motif, for stitching onto a plain square smile

You could make a plain one and do it yourself, or send as is for attaching to someone elses.

Or make lots and attach together with a chain for Christmas decorations...

Ok... What do I do with it now? grin Is it for stitching onto a regular square or putting in the middle of a granny square (in which case how?) or what?

nickelcognito Mon 13-Aug-12 17:21:53
nickelcognito Mon 13-Aug-12 17:17:35

still say SC is slipstitch.
a UK single crochet is a UK slip stitch is a UK slip stitch.
like it's the old name.

i'm sure i've seen patterns where it says SC/SS
here scroll down
so nur.

PurplePidjin Mon 13-Aug-12 07:41:42

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Thats not actually terribly important as long as you get the picot in the right place to make a point

It took me a couple of goes to work out that i was doing the next dc in the same st as the picot, giving me 2 on the up and 3 on the down!

Somersaults Mon 13-Aug-12 00:25:58

Jules my first attempt had too many stitches and I couldn't figure out why. I had to start again to fix it.

And Joyful, that looks great!

Jules146 Sun 12-Aug-12 22:38:06

Thanks Pidj! Not that I can seem to fathom the last part I seem to have more than the amount if stitches I should have e.g. More than the two either side and top one... no idea how I managed that!!

Woohoo!!! grin

PurplePidjin Sun 12-Aug-12 21:34:49

In English, dc ch2 slst into dc smile

Jules146 Sun 12-Aug-12 21:27:09

How do I do a picot I'm sure I should know... blush

PurplePidjin Sun 12-Aug-12 21:11:56

You will you will you *will

grin

Me too! grin Thank you, I will master this... If only DS would stop waking up 20 minutes after I settle him back to sleep! hmm

PurplePidjin Sun 12-Aug-12 20:42:57

Wrap the yarn round the hook two times, so there are three loops

Poke it through

Wrap the yarn round again

Pull it back through

You have five loops on your hook

Yarn over, back through two loops (like on a normal treble)

Yarn over, back through two more loops

Yarn over, back through the last two loops

I'm a stubborn cow grin

Somewhere in between! blush I think I get all of that except the extended treble but I'm not sure you could put it any more simply!

PurplePidjin Sun 12-Aug-12 20:22:16

In the loop you made in the previous round, work

A double crochet

Then a treble crochet

Then an extended treble crochet - yaon over twice, through, yarn over, back, yarn over, through two loops, yarn over, through two loops, yarn over and through the remaining two loops

Then another treble

Then another double

By this time you'll have pretty much run out of loop, so do a double crochet in the next stitch.

Mud or crystal??

In the loop you made in the previous round, work dc, tc, extc, tc, dc. Dc in the dc of the previous round.

Can someone translate this please? confused

Somersaults Fri 10-Aug-12 19:08:45

Why thank you smile

Well done Somersaults, that's gorgeous! I love the colour too. smile

PurplePidjin Fri 10-Aug-12 16:13:55

Hilda, that's the kind of thingweneed to know! [tha

HildaHotPants Fri 10-Aug-12 16:04:31

Hi PP, no it doesn't! The 'blankets' bit is just a black screen with an icon which makes it look like it's loading but isn't. When you view the blankets from the drop down, some of them come up but not all, and they load very slowly, plus it's not possibly to scroll down to see all the recipients' names.

I'm on a fairly new mac, so it's not that it isn't capable. Sorry, don't mean to put you to any trouble, and I can always view on oh's firefox browser.

Somersaults Thu 09-Aug-12 23:12:44
PurplePidjin Thu 09-Aug-12 21:03:54

The woolly hugs site is woollyhugs.com

Does it not load properly in Safari?

HildaHotPants Thu 09-Aug-12 20:53:17

Wow, that's really good. I can't view the link to wooly properly due to safari sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now