Annie Cole knitting patterns

(19 Posts)
maltloafeater Fri 12-Sep-08 12:44:03

Back in 1995/6 I knitted a white cotton cot cover from a kit supplied by Annie Cole handknitting ltd. They did a good range of patterns for cushions and covers.

I have tried extensive google searches, and tired phoning the number I have but have found no trace of the company.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Annie Cole? are they still in buisness?

If not i have two questions,
Are the patterns still available from anywhere else.
What is the nearest replacement for Annie Cole white cotton. The pattern I have says use a 3mm needle, but not sure if I need double knit or 4 ply.
Please help. Can a buisness just vanishe without a trace?

maltloafeater Fri 12-Sep-08 13:41:52

anyone?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marina Fri 12-Sep-08 13:48:13

Oh yes, knitting designers do go out of business as sole traders - Patricia Roberts for example, and Woollybear Yarns. She had a shop on Kensington Church Street at one time.
Agree with storm, that sounds like 4 ply. Debbie Bliss, Rowan, Sirdar - cotton yarns are widely available at the mo.

maltloafeater Fri 12-Sep-08 13:48:53

It says 7 stiches= 1 inch over plain knitting

Marina Fri 12-Sep-08 13:49:23

4 ply

maltloafeater Fri 12-Sep-08 13:57:59

Thanks for your replies.

I would still like to track down some of the patterns if anyone knows where I could get them from.

fjo59andahalf Wed 30-Sep-09 21:12:13

I know this is over a year later, but I have some Annie Cole patterns and would sell them if you are still interested. I don't know how much to ask but we can discuss that. They are 4 ply. Some are cushions, some are cot and pram blankets and can be adapted as all you do is knit squares.I also have some border patterns.

Frances, Shropshire

PurpleMojo Fri 23-Sep-11 08:19:18

Hi I know this is nearly 2 years later but I am interested in anything you may still have for sale. I am also interested in any information anyone may have regarding Annie Cole Traditional Hand Knitting. Many Thanks

LatteLady Fri 23-Sep-11 14:38:54

Purple Mojo - Your best place to get info is on ravelry... the girls there are brilliant.

bridiebobin Wed 31-Jul-13 22:10:02

hello i have been searching for annie coles baby cot blanket for a while perhaps you could help or any others patterns imnew to this so if you have could you please email me bridiebobin@yahoo.co.uk hope i have some luck bridie

bridiebobin Wed 31-Jul-13 22:17:00

hello have you any patterns or copys of annie coles baby blankets wiil of cause buy

bridiebobin Wed 31-Jul-13 22:23:33

for frances of shropshire iwould be very interested to buy any patterns you might still have or copys could you email me bridiebobin@yahoo.co.uk thank you

bridiebobin Mon 05-Aug-13 16:01:50

hi im still trying to find annie cole knitting patterns or copys will buy thanks bridie bobin

63debbie Mon 23-Sep-13 17:00:39

i have a full annie cole kit for making a bedspread, not sure of size. there are 35 100% soft pure cotten 100grm balls in natural shade 1. am selling for £50ono +p&p

bridiebobin Fri 08-Nov-13 18:15:04

hidebbie 63 haveyou recieved my message bridie

guitarberyl Wed 15-Oct-14 18:07:26

I know this is a long time after but I have the Annie Cole traditional raised leaf pattern bedspread knitting pattern from a long ago Prima if anyone wants me to scan and send it. It is the same pattern as the cot cover you were talking of way back in 2008.
Thing is, I'm looking for suitable cotton to do it, obviously Annie Cole is no longer in business, are the 35 balls of cotton still available??
Wish I'd done this search much earlier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now