ermm - can any of you crafy people help me? Christening invites..........

(31 Posts)
FAQ Wed 16-Jul-08 18:40:36

I've finally got DS3's Christening booked for the end of November and want to get some really nice, preferablly hand made invites for the occasion (will probably be my biggest expense as I'm planning a faith (otherwise known and "bring and share" buffet in the church hall afterwards grin).

Do any of you clever people make such things.......and if so what sort of price would I be looking at per invite???

TIA

Dingle Mon 29-Jul-13 14:48:26

TempleI think you will find this post is 5years old! x

temple22 Mon 29-Jul-13 14:24:45

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

summerbird Tue 05-Aug-08 09:53:44

FAQ are you still looking for crafty designs? I am making a colleague a christening card tonight and can upload some ideas for you if you like?

i made my own wedding stationery and am about to start my own website making invites for weddings and christenings.

elmoandella Mon 21-Jul-08 22:15:49

if you like something from confetti you could get an mner to make you similar.

win win.

Dior Mon 21-Jul-08 22:15:28

Message withdrawn

FAQ Mon 21-Jul-08 22:10:59

I had thought of the wedding invites (with wording changed obviously lol) - but then I thought I could go half way and try and find an MN'er to make some for me - you know - sort of "giving something back" after all the support I@ve had from MN (even if it's different MN'ers - IYKWIM)

elmoandella Mon 21-Jul-08 22:07:47

oooooooooh. i like confetti stuff!!

i know i should be supporting mners. but if your gonna push the boat out.

check them out online. all the invites for wedding can have wording changed to christening.

we used the lily pad design with baby blue ribbon.

they have shops all over where you can go and view them.

SqueakyPop Mon 21-Jul-08 22:05:51

I printed my own using Publisher. Nothing very memorable, I'm afraid.

FAQ Mon 21-Jul-08 22:03:50

no no no no noooooo!!!

This is going to be my biggest expense of the day - and I want to get some really nice ones made for me (my 4yr old could probably make a better effort at a home made invite than I could blush).......also a little bit of "one-upmanship" from me (ie I'm going to show fuckwit ex just how Christening invites should be) - as DS1's christening did have any invites, and DS2's were crappy print outs from our computer grin

elmoandella Mon 21-Jul-08 21:58:39

is there a craft place nearby you.

get some plain card (baby blue or baby pink).

print out your wording on some nice paper (irridescent baby blue or baby pink)

stick the paper with wording on the card (cut it slightly smaller so you get a border of the card)

at the top but a wee bow (baby pink or baby blue) you can pick these up dead cheap in craft shops.

could use anything else instead of bows that you like from craft shopr. prams/dummies/religious things. they will probably be a bit more expensive.

you can stick them in envolope, or if it's cheaper, write address on back of the card side and get them laminated and post.

FAQ Mon 21-Jul-08 21:37:17

<<<<<realises that picking between MN'ers is going to be hard, especially as she hasn't really got a "style" in mind>>>>>>>>>

Dingle Mon 21-Jul-08 19:40:18

Cooeee....not been around much sorry. Had my last day at work today and we have had an awful sicky bug in the Dingle house. LOL.well everyone but me, because mums are just not allowed to be poorly- we just soldier on. hmm

Not made many christening cards/ invites recently but funny enough I have a Christening card on my to do list.

You can see some of my cards here but if they are not your style, just give me an idea of what you have in mind and I am more than happy to come up with a few sample designs.

FAQ Sun 20-Jul-08 22:01:37

<<<<<<<<shouts for Dingle>>>>>>>

Whizzz Sun 20-Jul-08 19:50:30

Not sure where Dingle is at the mo - but she is very good too smile

FAQ Sun 20-Jul-08 19:45:19

bump - anyone else want to wow me with their stuff grin

FAQ Fri 18-Jul-08 17:04:43

no - really I'm dreadful, I've tried my hand at various art and crafty things and gave up - resigning myself to the fact that I'll just have to be one of the people that buy stuff from crafty people grin

champs Fri 18-Jul-08 17:00:54

you'd be surprised to know what you can do... you should give it a try.

FAQ Fri 18-Jul-08 15:15:15

your welcome - I'd love to be "crafty" but it's just not in me at all lol

champs Fri 18-Jul-08 13:45:14

aww thanks!!

FAQ Thu 17-Jul-08 11:08:08

champs - your stuff is gorgeous I'm very envy of anyone that can do that sort of stuff.

FAQ Wed 16-Jul-08 21:30:20

ignore last message - I've found it grin

FAQ Wed 16-Jul-08 21:28:44

<<<<<<<can't see where the slide show is blush>>>>>>

champs Wed 16-Jul-08 21:20:09

ooo!! faith buffet's a fabby idea

lol@empty plate.

I have some samples on my blog and you can look at the slide show for more. (please dont worry if they're not to your type)

Dingle does some lovely cards as do a few Mnetters, kiddies are haranging me so cant list all of them but I'm sure they'll be over soon with links and stuff.

FAQ Wed 16-Jul-08 21:13:01

lol @ bringing an empty plate grin

Califrau Wed 16-Jul-08 21:09:15

So many events over here are Pot Luck (faith tea) (or Bring a Plate in Australia grin - you can spot newbies to the country by the ones who bring empty plates!). DS's school events are pot luck and they ask you to bring by year so 2 grades bring starters/sides, 2 bring mains and 2 bring puds.
I think it's a v underused lovely thing in the UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now