Crochet Bunny Toy

(11 Posts)
PiazzaDelPoppolo Wed 16-Nov-16 20:16:57

Does anyone have a pattern they could recommend? I'd like to make one for a Christmas present.

Thanks

SoupDragon Thu 17-Nov-16 09:49:24

I made this one for DD. If I were to make it again, I would make the limbs shorter as they stretched a lot when stuffed. Maybe, with the hindsight of more experience, I would drop a hook size too.

PiazzaDelPoppolo Thu 17-Nov-16 22:05:56

Thank you - just the sort of thing I was after

FranHastings Mon 28-Nov-16 09:55:14

If you wanted a book with lots of similar animals in as well, I can recommend Edward's Menagerie by Kerry Lord. You can get it on Amazon, buy the book from or just the pattern for Emma the Bunny. (£2.40 and you get a free dinosaur pattern too if you order today). www.thetoftalpacashop.co.uk/PD.aspx?product=patterns/toys/-Emma_the_Bunny

FranHastings Mon 28-Nov-16 09:56:01

*buy the book from Toft.co.uk directly.

Sorry, hit post too soon!

FranHastings Mon 28-Nov-16 09:57:47

Argh! It's not toft.co.uk, stupid phone auto corrected it after I deleted it. It's www.thetoftalpacashop.co.uk

PurpleDaisies Mon 28-Nov-16 10:03:23

I've just bought this from hobbycraft...
www.amazon.co.uk/Cute-Crocheted-Animals-Well-Dressed-Friends/dp/1784942014

I've made the bunny, a jumper and trousers. There are adorable patterns for duffle coats, tank tops etc.

I've also got the Edward's menagerie book which is brilliant.

Jinglebells99 Mon 28-Nov-16 10:11:58

One of my favourite crochet designers is Son's Popkes. She has some lovely animal designs including a rabbit and has just released some Guinea pig patterns. You can download them from Ravelry or her shop.

sonspopkes.com/

Jinglebells99 Mon 28-Nov-16 10:14:20

Hello Purpledaisies smile I remember talking to you before about the Bonnie Bunny pattern. I have that book too but haven't made any yet. Is the bunny from the book the same size as Bonnie Bunny? Just wondering if the clothes from the book would fit her smile

PurpleDaisies Mon 28-Nov-16 10:21:51

They're very slightly different (the legs are joined differently and the there's different shaping on the hands and feet) but the clothes will fit. The trousers are the same as the bonnie bunny ones.

Jinglebells99 Mon 28-Nov-16 10:47:40

Ah thanks for the reply smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now