Painting in glass - what paint do I buy?

(4 Posts)
mummeeee Thu 10-Nov-16 14:51:36

Hi

Please could someone advise me on what paint to buy to make some simple designs on glass bottles.

I don't really want the black outline, filled in look.

I have a couple of pics of the sort of things I'm interested in painting (although mine will not be as neat!). Planning to paint onto glass bottles with stoppers.

Thanks

mummeeee Thu 10-Nov-16 19:54:38

Just bumping this up a bit - hope that's ok.

HappydaysArehere Sun 20-Nov-16 18:00:46

Acrylic paint should do the job. Especially if you get a decent make and not a thin one. (Dealer Rowney, Windsor Newton, Golden) I would expect full bodied to work best. Cass Art are a good company to buy from. They sell good makes at lower prices. They are good at advice as well. They do mail order if you cannot get into London; one around the corner from the Portrait Gallery, one in Kensington High Street and the biggest near the Angel Islington etc. You can ask questions on line. There are glass paints but never used them. You can buy single tubes to try out. Hope you get on alright. ( Also a decent brush might be an idea. You can buy ones suited to acrylic paint. Beware of ultra cheap ones which look good in the packet but splay out or drop hairs.)

HappydaysArehere Sun 20-Nov-16 18:01:43

It should be Dayler Rowney.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now