Sirdar Snuggly Snowflake DK

(17 Posts)
maisiejones Fri 04-Nov-16 21:48:43

Has anyone used this? I'm attempting to knit a cuddly toy and this wool is a nightmare. I'm on the verge of chucking it out of the window.

FiveFlowers Fri 04-Nov-16 22:05:21

I made a baby cardi and hat with this and ended up throwing it in the bin, it looked so bad. Doesn't knit up nicely at all, the bumps of the yarn kept snagging on the needles and it was impossible to sew up with.

Shame, because it's lovely and soft (and expensive).

maisiejones Fri 04-Nov-16 22:31:21

I agree. I've started six times and got no further than the ninth row. Trying to 'make one' and you just can't see where to pick up the yarn. Glad it isn't just me.

ohfourfoxache Sat 05-Nov-16 04:06:21

It's a pain in the arse! I did a blanket (first real knitting project) and it isn't straight.

It really is snuggly though! Feels lovely if you ignore the irregular shape.

ohfourfoxache Sat 05-Nov-16 04:08:19

Sorry, meant to say that it stretches ridiculously easily- which is why it's misshapen blush

maisiejones Sat 05-Nov-16 12:08:24

It is a shame as yes, it's beautifully soft and Larry Lamb would be lovely if I could be bothered to persevere. I enjoy the pleasure of knitting and this yarn is a torment rather than a pleasure.

SecretSaffron Sat 05-Nov-16 14:32:42

oh no! I have just ordered a ball of this to make a cuddly snowman! should have checked MN first! oh well, will see how it goes, but prepare for disaster!

Marcipex Sat 05-Nov-16 22:09:24

I gave up on it, it seemed lovely in the shop.
It's now chopped into tiny bits on toddlers snowy collage pictures.

InfiniteSheldon Sat 05-Nov-16 22:11:55

I have five balls in a lovely lilac bought for a set of baby clothes I just keep giving up sad

TheWoollybacksWife Sat 05-Nov-16 22:21:13

I've knitted with this a fair few times without too many problems. I prefer using bamboo needles as it 'squeaked' terribly on metal needles. If you want me to knit Larry for you Maisie I'll give it a go - I'd hate to see it abandoned in frustration.

Footle Sat 05-Nov-16 22:49:34

Terrible stuff.

SecretSaffron Sat 05-Nov-16 23:11:52

oh, woolybacks I use bamboo needles so maybe I will be OK....crossing fingers!

maisiejones Sun 06-Nov-16 01:18:48

Woollybacks.. Thank you so much. How kind of you. I've ordered some different yarn so hopefully will get Larry completed successfully.

maisiejones Sun 06-Nov-16 01:20:53

If anyone would like 3 x 50g balls in cream, they're very welcome to message me. I don't want anything for them.

SoupDragon Sun 06-Nov-16 17:10:16

I have Crocheted with it with no real problems that I remember. I think I made a teeny owl and a cowl for DS2 (bizarrely, given he is a teenager!)

maisiejones Sun 01-Jan-17 00:19:11

Here is Lolly Lamb. I persevered and instead of trying to pick up the thread to increase which was a nightmare, I knitted through the back of the stitch instead. Glad I did as I think she's cute.

Zentangle Sun 01-Jan-17 00:32:08

That's lovely! I'm sure whoever it's for will love it.
I have bought snowflake lots of times, I found it okay on bamboo needless and I like it for babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now