Copic pens - Worth the money?

(5 Posts)
blurredlines Thu 01-Sep-16 16:51:09

Ok so dd 11 has a real talent for art as in sketching and animation etc. So has asked for a set of Copic pens. Quick search online for £292 for 72 on ebay! So possible a xmas present now but can anyone tell me if they are worth the money? Thanks

MissTeriName Thu 01-Sep-16 17:12:17

DD says yes (also manga/arty). But you don't need 72! They blend quite well. Try a smaller set first and try here www.tigerpens.co.uk/copic/b11

SilverBat Thu 01-Sep-16 17:23:13

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/72-Copic-Ciao-Pens-Lightly-Used-/291862112618?hash=item43f456696a:g:qHsAAOSwvzRXyBeu
I've just spotted these.
I'd buy some second hand first to see how much she uses them. Although I think they will probably sell for quite a lot more.
They are really good.
I did the same for DD, they are now in my 'box of things to sell on EBay if I can be bothered'!

blurredlines Fri 02-Sep-16 16:58:51

Thanks very much. Might start with a smaller set first !

Snafflebrain Fri 02-Sep-16 17:02:48

Watch out on Black Friday - Amazon have run a good offer the past couple of years - usually on the Ciao pen sets. Personally I prefer Tombow brush pens as they are water based and not alcohols so they blend in a different way to Copics which might not be what your DD if after

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now