Can anyone help me straighten this crochet sideways she'll blanket please?

(6 Posts)
TheFurryMenace Mon 22-Aug-16 13:43:17

I am doing this blanket. Annoyingly, the designer does not bother to straighten the finish of the blanket to match the cast on edge. Can anyone help me work it out please?

TheFurryMenace Mon 22-Aug-16 13:45:28

Shell, not she'll.

Akire Mon 22-Aug-16 13:48:25

If you finish with a row of DC stitch it will look same as end. Make sure you put DC in every "she'll" not every stitch and should end up roughly same

Akire Mon 22-Aug-16 13:48:42

*shell!

TheWoollybacksWife Mon 22-Aug-16 13:59:07

How many stitches in each shell?

I would do (uk terms) double crochet in the one or two stitches at the top of the shell, half trebles on the sloping stitches and then a treble on the bottom one or two stitches. If this pulls down and still looks uneven then use a double treble.

So if you had seven stitches to a shell:-

2 X DC
2 X HTR
2 X TR
1 X DTR

It isn't clear from the angle of the blanket in your photo but I assume you would then repeat the trebles and the half trebles working up the side of the next shell.

It's a bit like straightening up the peaks and troughs in a ripple blanket.

TheFurryMenace Mon 22-Aug-16 16:43:53

Thanks both, the pattern is this:

5ch, 3tr/dc into st at base of ch, 1ss into top of next 3ch-sp from previous row, 3ch, 3tr/dc ins ame 3ch-sp: rep from to end of row, 1ss into top of t-ch from prevous row, turn.

Hi Akire, Im not quite sure what you mean, but I will give it a go and also try Woollyback's way too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now