Anyone off to (or been to) the Quilt Show this week?

(10 Posts)
Artura Thu 11-Aug-16 22:12:45

Just booked my train ticket for Saturday and looking forward to a lovely child free day out. Anyone been to the NEC already or going?

temporarilyjerry Fri 12-Aug-16 19:31:51

I'm going on Sunday. Can't wait.

Artura Fri 12-Aug-16 22:56:16

Wish I'd been organised enough to book a course, but just planning lots of inspiration gathering. Vowing not to leave with bags of fabric I'll never have the time to make into anything lovely...

Artura Sat 13-Aug-16 16:04:07

Heading home now, have a great day tomorrow, Jerry. So much to see, loved the miniature quilts, lots of ideas. Got some lovely jersey fabric from the eternal maker and some paper piecing templates (for a little holiday project...). Have fun!

temporarilyjerry Sun 14-Aug-16 05:34:38

Thanks, Artura. Glad you had a good day. I'm so excited. I'm doing a workshop. Sadly, my friend who was coming with me has torn her ligaments so I'm going solo. Think I might buy more without her to rein me in.

BavarianMax Sun 14-Aug-16 16:26:04

Hope you had a great time temporarilyjerry! I wanted to go but couldn't make it to the NEC in time sad

How was the workshop? We are looking for more teachers to help put on crafts workshops at www.obby.co.uk so if you have any recommendations please let me know smile

Artura Sun 14-Aug-16 23:42:44

What workshop did you do? Did you buy some lovely stuff? Now wishing I had bought more stuff, really enjoying my English paper piecing so far and NEED more fabric and templates...

temporarilyjerry Mon 15-Aug-16 06:32:49

The workshop I did was 'Create a Little Landscape for a Mini Cushion' with Sally Holman. It was good but an hour is not enough and I haven't finished the project from last year's workshop.

I was quite restrained wrt spending but I did buy a light/magnifier and a gadget for threading needles. [getting old emoji]

I also bought fabric as I just don't have enough. grin

temporarilyjerry Mon 15-Aug-16 06:39:13

That site looks fab, Max, and the classes look interesting and are very reasonable. Wish I was nearer to London.

BavarianMax Mon 15-Aug-16 08:24:33

Thanks for the feedback temporarilyjerry and good luck with finishing off the project (and last years one smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now