My new business has started earning :)

(14 Posts)
Katymac Thu 04-Aug-16 17:39:22

Only small amounts but I am now on my 6th commission which will be quite a bit bigger

Squee!! it's so exciting grin

MammouthTask Thu 04-Aug-16 17:40:38

smile
It's always so nice to see your business starting off like this.
Enjoy smile

Katymac Thu 04-Aug-16 19:22:59

Thanks it is exciting but cutting into other people's material is scary!!

SoupDragon Fri 05-Aug-16 15:57:13

Yay!

Katymac Fri 05-Aug-16 16:51:38

Thanks Soupy - it's been such a long time coming

I won't be making millions any time soon!!

CatherineDeB Fri 05-Aug-16 17:13:43

That is lovely news, well done.

I went to a pattern drafting class after work this week wearing a suit I had made. The woman who runs it asked me if I would like to join her (dressmaking/alterations/soft furnishings) and I thought of you - too far to send it your way though sadly.

So not me though, I am such a perfectionist I would spend far too long making anything for someone else I would be as poor as a church mouse.

I do it just for me grin, selfish I know. DD gets the odd thing.

And ...... I couldn't deal with cutting someone else's expensive fabrics or even worse, garments!

You are very brave.

Katymac Fri 05-Aug-16 21:00:01

Thanks

Katymac Fri 05-Aug-16 21:00:50

Bit of a perfectionist too - it's a nightmare!!

onthemetro Fri 05-Aug-16 21:02:12

Yay, that's awesome! I'm on my 11th sale with my little crafty business and although I'm really grateful and pleased to be making a little money from doing something I enjoy, it's also really daunting!

CatherineDeB Fri 05-Aug-16 21:12:03

This woman I saw has got a tiny shop Katy. I wonder if you could look for/approach anyone similar near you in case they have got too much work (the case with this woman, business too successful, wants a self employed dressmaker/alterations person).

Dry cleaners too and local fabric shops would be a good place to leave cards for your business.

Katymac Fri 05-Aug-16 21:28:50

Maybe - I need to start slowly - I have 4 jobs waiting atm & I don't want to let anyone down

kohl Fri 05-Aug-16 22:53:46

This is amazing-you made this happen-you should be dead proud!

Ankleswingers Fri 05-Aug-16 22:56:47

Well done you! star

smile

Katymac Sat 06-Aug-16 20:34:31

Thanks - it's only little bits but I have to start somewhere

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now