Looking for an A line mini skirt pattern

(5 Posts)
almostenglish Thu 04-Aug-16 16:22:57

So that's it really, I'm looking for that but can't quite find what i want, I mostly find knee high skirts.

Now I'm guessing I could just shorten the length but is it that simple? I'm a beginner so this may well be a daft question!

It just seems to me that shortening a pattern for a longer A line skirt would leave me with a very triangular skirt when I'm after something that's neither straight not triangular - maybe that shape has a name of its own that I'm not aware of...

Thanks!

GetMeOut Thu 04-Aug-16 16:48:52

Have you seen the Moss Skirt by Grainline Studio ( Grainlinestudio.com) You can get hard copy from Backstich.com in Uk if you don't want to download pdf. Sorry can 't work out how to add a link on my phone

GetMeOut Thu 04-Aug-16 17:06:11

Also take a look at Tilly and the Buttons - the Dominique skirt looks a good straight forward starter pattern and says it is ' the ideal project for a novice stitcher '

almostenglish Fri 05-Aug-16 14:59:08

Thank you both!

I've made something similar to the Dominique skirt but part of me always a bit self conscious when wearing it as I'm both too young and too old to wear an elasticated skirt, IYKWIM!

The moss skirt looks perfect, I might buy the pattern as I reckon I could make many different skirts in that style.

How exciting!! X

GetMeOut Fri 05-Aug-16 18:26:34

Oh good. I'm too old for the Moss Skirt but I've always liked the look of it ! I hope it goes well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now